This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly site in the South African bushveld
- Top spot for wildlife spotting and stunning African sunsets
- Fishing paradise on the banks of the Limpopo river
In desperate need of a peaceful, nature-filled getaway with calm waters and wide skies to soothe your soul? Take a break from the hectic pace of modern life at Boelamien Rivercamp, a family-friendly site 50 minutes’ drive from the small town of Alldays, Limpopo.
On the banks of the Limpopo river, Boelamien is a prime spot for relaxing hols. Those most comfortable with a rod and reel in hand can cast a line and try to nab something for dinner, and those with a streak of exploration can make their way into the bushveld, strolling along trails that trace the river's path. While you’re embracing this slow-paced life, keep your eyes peeled for local animals and for nasty surprises from the water – this is crocodile territory after all.
If you'd prefer something a little more active away from the camp, the on-site team can organise drives, photographic safaris or even hunting vehicles on request.
Kick back in the evenings by tucking into some fresh-cooked braai food next to the campfire in the boma or out among the baobabs, basking in the stunning African sunsets, keeping a sharp ear out for jackals’ calls and hyenas’ laughter… and maybe even meeting an elephant or hippo as they come to drink from the river.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Outdoor pool nearby
Getting back to nature is a cinch at Boelamien Rivercamp: start with a trip up the Boelamien tree house to look over the unbroken bushveld before venturing out into it. Head to the town of Alldays to see the fig tree that may be even bigger than the Wonder Tree at Tshwane (Google it – you won’t be disappointed), then stop in at Alldays Mountain Club to arrange a trip to Blouberg where there are protected walls just for climbing.
Boelamien is also less than five minutes’ drive from the South African border with Botswana, so it’s well placed for forays into the neighbouring country. Make your way to Mapungubwe National Park – which straddles the border an hour and a half from the site – for treetop walks, views over the river valleys, self-guided and guided drives (look out for elephants, giraffes and zebra, oh my), guided heritage walks and the interpretive centre and museum.
If you’re lucky enough to be continuing your journey beyond Boelamien, or are up for a lengthy car ride, Johannesburg is five-and-a-half hours from the site. The city’s Apartheid Museum is a must-visit and township tours come highly recommended. You can also take in the view over the entire city (and try to pick out your next stop) from the observation deck at the Carlton Centre.
- Does Boelamien Rivercamp have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Boelamien Rivercamp dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Boelamien Rivercamp? Getting back to nature is a cinch at Boelamien Rivercamp: start with a trip up the Boelamien tree house to look over the unbroken bushveld before venturing out into it. Head to … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Boelamien Rivercamp?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.