This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Off-grid, adults-only site on a nature reserve 25 minutes from Góis
- Clothes-optional site with plenty of shade from native trees
- Four private river beaches on the Ceira river
A private secluded beach – the stuff of dreams, right? Make it the stuff of reality with a stay at Quinta Prio Mendes, an off-grid rural site on an indigenous nature reserve in the mountains of central Portugal, 25 minutes’ drive from Góis.
And if your dreams also involve flinging off your clothes and plunging into the natural waters as nature intended, all the better. Clothes-free types are welcome at this adults-only site, and along the site’s 350 metres of water frontage on the Ceira river are not one, not two, but four beach areas reserved especially for guests’ use, so it’s usually possible to find a nice quiet spot for a dip (skinny or otherwise).
All is set up here to be at one with nature as much as possible, so the owners have understandably limited facilities to the basics needed for a little countryside comfort: a refreshment area in the cool shade of a chestnut tree has a fridge full of water, and an electricity supply for phone charging and the like.
The site’s also got a small facilities block (with flushing toilets, hot/cold shower, washbasin and mirror) a short walk from the meadow and garden pitches. The owner asks that guests use eco-friendly products where possible as the river is very sensitive to chemicals; guests may also want to bring insect repellent.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Let’s face it, this isn’t a place that you’ve come to in order to do loads of stuff – it’s likely much of your time will be spent chilling out around the nature reserve and sliding in and out of the river. Riverside walks are certainly an option though – pack up a picnic and set off for a peaceful walk to local villages and pretty spots including waterfalls and natural whirlpools.
For next-level river outings, have a chat with the folks at Trans Serrano in Góis, who can set you up with an aquatic hike from nearby Ponte do Colmeal, with bridge leaps, rock scrambles and tunnels to traverse along the way. Other outdoorsy trip options from Góis include canoeing, canyoning, mountain biking and climbing.
A little further flung but worth the trip are the abandoned schist villages of Talasnal, Candal and Cerdeira (roughly an hour’s drive); while you’re over that way, take a look at Lousã Castle and drop in on the residents of the Serra da Lousã animal sanctuary.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Quinta Prio Mendes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Quinta Prio Mendes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Quinta Prio Mendes? Let’s face it, this isn’t a place that you’ve come to in order to do loads of stuff – it’s likely much of your time will be spent chilling out around the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Quinta Prio Mendes?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m.