This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Among spectacular scenery near Alentejo's Vicentina Coast
- Waterpark with Olympic pool, paddling pool and indoor wave pool
- Restaurant, farm, archery, playground and summer entertainment
A Portuguese eco experience – and then some. The star of smashing Zmar Eco Experience in Odemira's Zambujeira do Mar is undoubtedly its spectacular waterpark (Olympic pool, anyone?), but oh so much more fabness awaits at this award-winning Portuguese seaside site.
For sandy starters, Zmar is a short drive from the pristine beaches of Almograve, lauded as among the most splendid in Alentejo – which in turn have been acclaimed as among the finest beaches in all of Europe. But. That waterpark. Clap your eyes upon the site pics to see its true splendour: this fab place comes with an outdoor Olympic pool, a paddling pool and an indoor pool with artificial waves, just to see you sorted for the first day or two.
And. There's a whole heap more to keep all ages entertained on this friendly park, such as a small farm for small guests to coo over the animals, a playground to keep them occupied afterwards, and sports activities of all sorts including a padel court, a fitness area, five-a-side football pitch and – right on target, this – archery for you to test your shooting skills. A kids' club and entertainment activities run during high season.
Are you a tad peckish after all that? Time for a lazy lol in the Zmar restaurant, to sort out plentiful supplies of fresh local food. A pool bar as well as picnics are available in summer too.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Zmar's setting on the Vicentina Coast is a short drive from the seaside village of Zambujeira do Mar, home of the famed Festival do Sudoeste or Southwest Festival every August. Surfing and kayaking are available nearby, either at Zambujeira or one of the several resorts dotted along the coast.
Heading inland, it's a 20-minute drive to Odemira, an ancient town atop a hill with white houses facing the Mira river. Potters and wannabes can mosey along to Odemira's pottery workshop to see earthenware being moulded into shape by the skilled local artisans; after that, head out of town to the big Santa Clara dam, where there's a watersports centre and stacks of space for summer sunbathing.
It's about two and a half hours' drive from this peaceful place to the Portuguese capital Lisbon, a trip well worth making for a day around this splendid city's cafés, museums, architecture and busy arty vibe.
- Does Zmar Eco Experience have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Zmar Eco Experience dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Zmar Eco Experience? Zmar's setting on the Vicentina Coast is a short drive from the seaside village of Zambujeira do Mar, home of the famed Festival do Sudoeste or Southwest Festival every August. Surfing and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Zmar Eco Experience?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 2 p.m.