This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful Christian family site in spectacular surroundings
- On the banks of the Audna river, in 'the California of Norway'
- Canoeing, swimming, playground, bouncy castle and climbing tower
There's stacks to do in a mighty scenic setting at Solstrand Camping in Norway's Vest-Agder county. Its setting just outside the village of Vigeland where the Audna river meets the sea means there's easy access to river swimming and canoeing from all parts of the grounds – and its set-up as a family park has it well kitted out with leisure facilities all over.
Solstrand Camping is a peaceful, Christian and non-alcoholic site right down in Norway's south, in a coastal region so handsome it's hailed as the country's California. There are over 30 fjords dotted around these parts, coastal towns to potter around, and heaps of hiking in the mountains inland. Kristiansand is just under an hour's drive to the east.
As well as all the swimming and canoeing, guests at Solstrand can tackle the huge climbing tower (photo mandatory once you reach the top), rent kit for miniature golf, or take a ball to the football pitch or sand volleyball court. As a family-friendly site, there's an excellent playground and a bouncy castle for the kids too, as well as plenty of room to run about.
Local village Vigeland is five minutes' drive away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Fisherfolk will be hooked with the ample angling opportunities around here, with salmon fishing nearby in the Audna river. Take your pick from around 35 kilometres of riverbank suitable for landing fish, or set up your rod at the Audna's pools, waterfalls and rapids; just pick up a permit first at the Kulturtorvet in Vigeland or at petrol stations along the river.
Norway's southernmost municipality Mandal 20 minutes' drive away is home to spectacular beaches including Sjøsanden, hailed many a time as the best beach in the land. The salmon fishing here, at the Mandalselva river, is so famed that the town has three of the slippery species on its coat of arms; after landing your catch, take a scenic stroll through town among the white wooden houses then have a fishy supper at one of the Mandal restaurants.
A handsome spot for a wander is to Lindesnes lighthouse, Norway's oldest with a construction date of 1656. It's still operational these days and has a museum inside as well as a visitor centre, exhibitions and a cinema in the nearby mountain.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Solstrand Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Solstrand Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Solstrand Camping? Fisherfolk will be hooked with the ample angling opportunities around here, with salmon fishing nearby in the Audna river. Take your pick from around 35 kilometres of riverbank suitable for landing fish, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Solstrand Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.