This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spectacular setting on top of the famed Cauberg hill tourist spot
- Five minutes' drive from Valkenburg for a spa and marl caves
- Play area and well-maintained amenities
Peaceful yet active, centrally set but in a serene and remote location… have the lot in Limburg at Camping de Cauberg, on top of the famed Cauberg hill and with easy access to Maastricht, Aachen and Liège all within half an hour's drive.
Even closer to your high-up base, the Cauberg is a top region for cycling and is home to a range of Netherlands tourist attractions including the medieval city gate of Grendelpoort, the caves and underground lake of Gemeentegrot, and a thermal spa and wellness centre at local town Valkenburg. And what spectacular views there are here too: Camping de Cauberg is on the edge of Mount Saint Peter plateau and its marl caves, at a height of 147 metres, and with lush views of the Geul valley below.
Facilities at your handsome base include a free wifi zone and a play area, alongside well-maintained amenities including toilets, showers and chemical disposal. Dogs are very welcome, but on short leads and away from the catering areas, please.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great site, helpful staff, clean and well presented
Easy to find. Brilliant transport links to Maastricht. Valkenburg was …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Rustige camping met mooie plekken.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
The Cauberg is mostly famed for its cycling and cycling competitions, including the Amstel Gold Race, two Tours de France and the 2018 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships. If you'd like to tackle the hill on your own wheels, the climb is 1,200 metres with a gradient of 12%.
If you've no clue what the above even means, ramble around the region's towns and cities instead and zip across the border to days in Belgium and Germany. The site's local town is Valkenburg (five minutes' drive), home to famed marl houses as well as marl quarries redesigned as caves (one includes a replica of the catacombs of Rome). You may also like a submerge in the sauna and wellness resort of Thermae 2000; whatever you opt for, a whizz on the aerial lift of Valkenburg's Wilhelminatoren viewing tower is a must.
Slightly further afield, Maastricht is 20 minutes' drive away, and Belgium's Liège and Germany's Aachen are both within half an hour.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping de Cauberg have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping de Cauberg dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de Cauberg? The Cauberg is mostly famed for its cycling and cycling competitions, including the Amstel Gold Race, two Tours de France and the 2018 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships. If you'd like to tackle … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping de Cauberg?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.