This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Quiet site on a wide waterway in Friesland, with its own canal access
- A 10-minute drive to Woudsend; easy sail to Heegermeer and De Kûfurd
- Canalside site with bike and boat hire; meals provided upon request
Sailors, cyclists and walkers – all are welcome at De Jeltesleat, a small and well-equipped site with plenty of facilities for active travellers. It’s in a sublime setting right next to the busiest waterway in Friesland, with its own private access to the canal for small sailing boats and canoes.
The helpful site managers can organise bike, sailing boat and kayak rental, and if you’re not into cooking for yourself, they’ll provide breakfast and lunch too. Barbecues are allowed on site though, and you can pick up bits and bobs for the grill from the handy store in Woudsend (10 minutes’ drive).
Now about those amenities: there’s a modern shower block with loos and a washing-up area, plus a washing machine to keep you all looking your best. If you’re travelling on two wheels, you can also store your bike here securely. Recycling facilities, charging for all your devices and a communal fridge will also hit the spot in the convenience stakes.
You can park up by your pitch, so there won’t be any problem with lugging gear around, and as there are just a handful of pitches, you’re guaranteed plenty of space to yourself.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
At De Jeltesleat, it’s all about activity in the open air. From the Jeltesleat canal, you can access Heegermeer and De Kûfurd lakes (both 10 minutes’ drive), with their various mooring points for sailing craft and motorboats. Novice boat handler? No problem, as you can find your sea legs at Sailingcenter Langweer (20 minutes).
Back on dry land, the Frisian lakes and canals can be explored by bike along safe cycling paths, some interconnected by tiny pedestrian ferries. There is an easy cycling route along Gaasterland (10 minutes) and plenty of options when it comes to hiking, with easy strolls around the dykes of Teroelster Sipen (15 minutes) nature reserve. You can get out onto the golf course in less than 15 minutes too.
Keen to cross a working windmill off the bucket list? Tour the 17th-century De Rat sawmill near IJlst, or cruise the canal to the traditional, waterside mills at Woudsend (both 10 minutes).
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||9 a.m.|
De Jeltesleat cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to De Jeltesleat on arrival.
Local city tax of €1.25 (£1.10) per person per night is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does De Jeltesleat have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is De Jeltesleat dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near De Jeltesleat? At De Jeltesleat, it’s all about activity in the open air. From the Jeltesleat canal, you can access Heegermeer and De Kûfurd lakes (both 10 minutes’ drive), with their various mooring points … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of De Jeltesleat?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 9 a.m.