This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious family-friendly site 10 minutes' cycle from Westerbork
- Less than half an hour's drive from Wildlands adventure zoo
- Large private lake with beach, fishing, swimming and canoeing
It’s all about the lakeside life at Vakantiepark Het Timmerholt – in the middle of the site is a private lake, big enough for canoeing and pedalo rides, well stocked with carp for fishing folk and with a lovely little sandy beach for swimming and generally chilling out.
All around this peaceful place are the open spaces of the Drenthe region, with lots of walking and cycle paths crisscrossing its moorlands and forests. It's hardly stuck out in the middle of nowhere though: make like the locals and hop on your bike for a mere 10-minute pedal to the little town of Westerbork for shopping and eats. (Panic not if you’ve not brought a bike, as you can rent all manner of two-wheelers on site, including e-bikes and tandems.)
Stick around on site for a while and there’s plenty to keep you happily occupied for many hours – whack a few balls about on the tennis court perhaps, or (attempt to) perfect your aim on the miniature golf course or pétanque court. Tiddlers can be let loose at the playground, complete with jumping pillow and bouncy castle; those on supervision duty can keep watch while nursing a hot drink from the coffee corner.
Other useful bits and bobs on site include a launderette, a free wifi area and a shop where you can pick up snacks and all the kit you need for a day of fishing.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Golfers seeking something a little more challenging than the site’s own miniature course have the choice of nine courses within 20 kilometres of the park (something for everyone, from novices and experienced club-wielders).
Keep the nippers happy with family-friendly attractions within half an hour’s drive like Grolloo climbing park, Wildlands adventure zoo, Drouwenerzand amusement park and the gnome-filled Kabouterland park.
It’s also worth taking the time to learn a bit about the area’s history: the Ellert en Brammert open-air museum recreates ancient life, and the Kamp Westerbork Reminder Centre tells the story of life in a concentration camp through films, exhibits and personal memories from victims and survivors.
- Does Vakantiepark Het Timmerholt have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Vakantiepark Het Timmerholt dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Vakantiepark Het Timmerholt? Golfers seeking something a little more challenging than the site’s own miniature course have the choice of nine courses within 20 kilometres of the park (something for everyone, from novices and experienced … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vakantiepark Het Timmerholt?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.