This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Eco-friendly sustainable site on a farm 10km from Assen
- Buy apple juice produced locally from the farm's orchards
- Scenic walking and cycle trails nearby: hire bikes on site
A rural spot with fruit trees and berry bushes all around, and where you can buy fresh apple juice made nearby using fruit from the farm's orchards… doesn’t Natuurkampeerterrein Thyencamp sound like a tasty little spot?
It might get even more tempting when you hear that this small Drenthe farm site is a properly eco-friendly place that aims to be sustainable and carbon-neutral. Getting around in an eco-conscious manner is a cinch here: there are plenty of walking and bike trails through the surrounding countryside, and you can hire bikes on site. Those bikes are equally handy for picking up supplies in Hooghalen (10 minutes by bike), heading into Assen (half an hour) or pottering around the nearby forests, heathland and nature reserves.
Back at base, you’ll be staying on a pleasingly spacious pitch that’s got access to space for the nippers to run about, and a central recreation room with books, games and a piano and space to relax or chat with fellow guests.
Eco-friendly doesn’t have to mean spartan, of course, and so it is with the bathrooms here: they’re rather smart numbers in a converted cowshed with underfloor heating and accessible facilities.
Open from 15/03/2021 to 24/06/2021
Open from 29/06/2021 to 31/10/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
An excellent friendly site in a nice location.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Here for the rural views? There are all sorts to pick from nearby: take your walking shoes or bikes off to Hijkerveld (five minutes’ bike ride) for heathland, or head for the forests around Hooghalen, where you can follow a trail that leads to the huge Astron Westerbork Radio Telescope (25 minutes’ pedalling).
If you’re keen to spend some time with binoculars in hand, head to the Fochterloërveen (50 minutes by bike/20 minutes by car) to see if you can spot cranes and snake eagles. Wherever you choose to spend your outdoorsy time, swing back via at Baggelhuizerplas, a recreation area with beaches on a lake surrounded by forest.
Up in Assen (half an hour’s bike ride), it’s worth visiting the Drents Museum and seeking out De Bonte Wever leisure centre for swimming and bowling. You might even like to put your eco credentials to one side briefly and stop at the town’s famed TT circuit (10 minutes away).
Sobering but well worth a visit are the moving memorial centre and museum at World War II transit camp Kamp Westerbork (20 minutes’ cycle) and the National Prison Museum (20 minutes’ drive).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Natuurkampeerterrein Thyencamp have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Natuurkampeerterrein Thyencamp dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Natuurkampeerterrein Thyencamp? Here for the rural views? There are all sorts to pick from nearby: take your walking shoes or bikes off to Hijkerveld (five minutes’ bike ride) for heathland, or head for the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Natuurkampeerterrein Thyencamp?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.