This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Woodland site five minutes’ drive from Hoge Veluwe National Park
- A 25-minute drive from Apeldoorn and 30 minutes from Arnhem
- Heated outdoor pool, bike hire and bar-restaurant on site
For stays among pretty and leafy Dutch woodlands, make tracks for De Rimboe en De Woeste Hoogte, a family-friendly site five minutes’ drive from the Gelderland village of Hoenderloo.
This is the Netherlands, so it should of course come as no surprise that the area hereabouts is eminently cyclable. With bike hire on site, clambering into the saddle for pedals along rural roads and into the nearby Hoge Veluwe National Park (five minutes’ drive or 10 minutes’ cycle) comes highly recommended. Prefer walks? Plenty of routes start in the area around Hoenderloo and, as the site is dog-friendly, canine chums can always follow on guests’ heels.
Those that can be lured from such adventures may prefer to stick around the site, where kids can be handily diverted with climbs all over the playground, and the whole family can splash about in the heated outdoor pool (and in the special pool for toddlers).
When it comes time to stock up on energy for the busy days that are all but guaranteed round here, a quick stroll over to the on-site bar-restaurant (or its snack corner) should see guests sorted for eats.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great site superb national park location. Cycle & walking heaven.
Showers Swimming pool Friendly receptionists Quiet at night Great places …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
History buffs will find plenty to entice hereabouts, starting 15 minutes’ drive away at Museonder – a museum of geology that’s entirely below ground – before moving on to decades-spanning architecture among the mills, farms and museum buildings of Netherlands Open Air Museum (20 minutes), World War II stories at Airbornemuseum Hartenstein (30 minutes), and stately piles at Middachten Castle (30 minutes) and Castle Doorwerth (35 minutes).
Those who like to mix their history with a bit of art should opt instead for viewings of the Van Goghs, Monets, Seurats, Picassos and Mondriaans at the Kröller-Müller art and sculpture museum 20 minutes from base, as well as visits to the Jachthuis Sint Hubertus country residence museum (also 20 minutes), which was once home to collectors Helene Kröller-Müller and her husband, Anton Kröller.
Historical viewings can continue on city days in Apeldoorn (25 minutes) and Arnhem (30 minutes), with the CODA Museum and the spectacular Het Loo palace in the former, a host of museums and grand houses in the latter, and a healthy dose of shopping in both.
Prefer to keep things natural? Visit the free-roaming monkeys at Apenheul primate park (15 minutes) or wander about the conservation-focused Burgers’ Zoo (20 minutes), then travel onwards to western Europe’s largest (and stunningly scenic) sand drift, Kootwijkerzand (25 minutes).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does De Rimboe en De Woeste Hoogte have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is De Rimboe en De Woeste Hoogte dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near De Rimboe en De Woeste Hoogte? History buffs will find plenty to entice hereabouts, starting 15 minutes’ drive away at Museonder – a museum of geology that’s entirely below ground – before moving on to decades-spanning architecture among … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of De Rimboe en De Woeste Hoogte?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.