This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Fun family-friendly site on the edge of Hoge Veluwe National Park
- National park, zoo, and popular aquarium within 40 kilometres
- Indoor and outdoor pools and play areas, restaurant, snack bar, shop
Off to the Netherlands? See quite a bit of the country on one trip by having your hol at Camping de Pampel.
Its Hoenderloo village and Gelderland setting is a popular Dutch tourist spot – quite rightly too as it's in the Veluwe, a few kilometres from Hoge Veluwe National Park, less than 20 kilometres from both the Apenheul monkey park and the Julianatoren amusement park, and with all manner of visitor attractions and outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, mountain biking, climbing and horse riding within easy reach. Another national park, Veluwezoom, is 32 kilometres away.
And among all this, there's loads to do on site too. De Pampel is a lively and family-friendly place, with loads to do to entertain kids and grownups from indoor and outdoor pools and an all-weather sports court to an outdoor playground and indoor play centre. A pétanque court and free wifi are also available.
Barbecues are allowed, but if your holiday vibe doesn't include cooking, lunch or dinner can both be had at the burger restaurant and drinks, nibbles and ice cream at the snack bar. You can pick up fresh fruit, veg, bread and other essentials at the supermarket.
Another top part of de Pampel's family-friendly vibe is the separate washroom just for kids – the Spetterbos – where they can shower under the big tree. It's alongside the amenities for the grownups, including a modern, spacious and heated shower and toilet block, a drying room, a launderette and a washing-up area.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Public transport nearby
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Camping De Pampel is in the Veluwe, the Gelderland hill ridge made up of woodland, heath, lakes and Europe's biggest sand drifts. Within the Veluwe is the Hoge Veluwe National Park, three kilometres away from the site.
As a popular tourist destination, the Veluwe has plenty of attractions to keep all ages interested, including four zoos, the National Sports Centre Papendal and the Het Loo royal palace at Apeldoorn. Among its 50+ museums is the Kröller-Müller, the famed Otterlo art museum with the world's second biggest collection of Van Gogh paintings.
The Apenheul Primate Park is 14 kilometres away and the Julianatoren amusement park around 17. You could also have days out at the Netherlands Open Air Museum or the Royal Burgers' Zoo, both 22 kilometres away, or drive a bit further to Veluwezoom National Park, 32 kilometres away by car (or 14km on foot if you want to hoof it).
About 43 kilometres away is Dolfinarium, the biggest marine mammal park in Europe.
- Does Camping de Pampel have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping de Pampel dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de Pampel? Camping De Pampel is in the Veluwe, the Gelderland hill ridge made up of woodland, heath, lakes and Europe's biggest sand drifts. Within the Veluwe is the Hoge Veluwe National Park, three … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping de Pampel?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.