This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- A 6,200-hectare game lodge with a watering hole and swimming pool
- Easily accessible for all vehicle types, 10km from the main B1 road
- Game drives, horse-riding trips, hiking trails and wine-tasting tours
It’d be an understatement to say this site is a bucket-list spot for safari seekers: Gabus Game Ranch, with 6,200 hectares’ worth of mountainous landscape and savannah grasslands to explore, is a wildlife haven home to ambling animals from giraffes, zebras and waterbucks to elands, leopards and cheetahs.
Being 10 kilometres from the main B1 road running through the middle of Namibia and Otavi town, 15 minutes’ drive away, it’s also a cinch to reach. Plus it’s accessible for any type of vehicle (good news if you’re not driving a four wheel drive) and is an hour and 40 minutes’ drive to the Namutoni entrance of the famed Etosha National Park, making it a convenient spot for a stopover enroute from Windhoek.
Arrived at night and disappointed you won’t be able to see the wildlife right away? Rush over to the swimming pool’s sundowner deck – it offers views of the watering hole lit up at night, so you can spot animals 24/7. Arrive earlier and you’re in for a treat too, as the sunsets are stunning in these parts.
For the daytime, organise horse-riding safaris, game drives, cave-exploring expeditions and wine-tasting tours through the park, or toddle off on a self-guided hike in the grasslands; when night rolls around once more, grab a table at the buffet restaurant for meals made with organic vegetables (partly grown at Gabus) and home-reared game meat.
Afterwards, settle down at one of the site’s common areas – perhaps in front of the TV at the bar – to upload pics of the wildebeest quenching their thirst at the watering hole…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Hikes with views over the Otavi Valley are popular at the park, leaving early in the morning to avoid walking in the high heat. A sought-after spot to roam towards is a viewpoint in the Uiseb Mountains, where the sweeping African landscape unfolds right in front of you.
Activities in the area mostly revolve around hiking or hanging out at the watering hole, but if you’re heading anywhere afterwards on your tour of Namibia, make it Etosha National Park (an hour and 40-minute drive north), a spot with a salt pan so sizeable it can be seen from space.
Etosha’s also got animals galore – visit the watering holes of Okaukuejo, Okondeka, Halali and Goas or Sueda and Salvadora to spot creatures including black rhino, elephants and lions, depending on the season.
Flying home after your visit? Namibia’s capital, Windhoek, is three hours and 40 minutes' drive south of Gabus Game Ranch.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Gabus Game Ranch have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Gabus Game Ranch dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Gabus Game Ranch? Hikes with views over the Otavi Valley are popular at the park, leaving early in the morning to avoid walking in the high heat. A sought-after spot to roam towards is a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gabus Game Ranch?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.