This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Hostel in a suburban area, with mountain views from well-kept grounds
- On Bar’s outskirts, a 10-minute walk to bus and train stations
- Play area and tennis on site; Šušanj beach within a 10-minute drive
Say hello to city beaches, a big garden on site and the company of a dog called Mishka at Namaste Hostel, a space on the edges of the seaport of Bar in southern Montenegro with gorgeous grassy grounds a cruisey 10-minute stroll from the town’s train and bus stations.
This accommodation in the Bar municipality has the clear blue coast a 10-minute drive away and the region’s typically hilly landscape behind, with mighty mountains to be seen from its open-air kitchen (open in summer). If you’re after ingredients for alfresco cooking, they can be picked up from shops in the town’s centre about half an hour’s walk away.
Sightseeing spots, as well as supermarkets, are also nearby, with the former seat of the Montenegrin Royal family, King Nikola’s Palace, a 10-minute drive along the shore…
Here for beaches rather than buildings? Šušanj and its watersports also take 10 minutes to reach too, while the buzz of busy Sutomore and Veliki Pijesak beaches are a bit further out at around 20 minutes.
If you’re wanting more tips on things to do in the local area, staff are on hand to share their insider info on the best activities and attractions to toddle towards. One spot they’re likely to put you on a path to is Ulcinj (35 minutes), the most southern city on the Montenegrin coast with a whopping 13 kilometres’ worth of beach; other popular places include the ruins of Stari Bar (15 minutes) and an olive tree said to be more than two million years old and one of the world’s most ancient (less than 10 minutes’ drive).
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Surf school nearby
The route to the site is signposted from the train station.
The Bar region’s famed for its coastal resorts, with one of the best being Budva, around 50 minutes’ drive from the site, for beaches plus an old town with views out over the sea; an hour and 20 minutes away is Kotor, one of the most famed settlements in the south of Montenegro for its fjord-like bay and architecture spanning back thousands of years.
As well as a sought-after coastline, Montenegro’s also got a lush interior for intrepid explorers to investigate: Skadar Lake is about an hour’s drive from the site for boat trips and kayaking on the water, as well as birdwatching for pelicans from the banks or wandering to wineries.
Considering Bari next? Ferries to this Italian town run from the harbour; trains also go from town towards Serbia if other Balkan nations are on the agenda first.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Namaste Hostel have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Namaste Hostel dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Namaste Hostel? The Bar region’s famed for its coastal resorts, with one of the best being Budva, around 50 minutes’ drive from the site, for beaches plus an old town with views out over … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Namaste Hostel?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.