This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site on a family-run property 25 minutes from Danilovgrad
- A 45-minute walk from Ostrog Monastery; train station 10 minutes away
- Natural springwater supply and orchards to pick fresh fruit from
Fancy pottering around a peaceful park, plucking fresh fruit as you roam? Then you’ll likely be most pleased with the setup at Camp Pod Ostrog, a family-run rural site in Central Montenegro.
The friendly folk here are happy to share their homegrown bounty with you: their orchards include figs, pomegranates, plums, apples, pears and cherries. For other eats to cook up over your barbecue it’s a 25-minute drive to Danilovgrad, where there’s also a collection of restaurants and cafés.
If you don’t fancy driving it’s still straightforward to get around here: borrow bikes for local outings or head to the train station (a 10-minute walk) for destinations further afield. Using your own feet is another top option: hiking to the famed Ostrog Monastery will take you around 45 minutes, or you can head in the other direction for a dip in the Zeta river.
Amenities on site include showers, outdoor toilets and water supplies from a natural spring, and there’s also a firepit to strike up a warming campfire of an evening. Want to feel even better about your hols? You may like to know that the owners are committed to investing 30% of their profits back into local community projects.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
This is a fab spot for rural wanderings, with the fave hike around these parts being the 45-minute trail to Ostrog Monastery, a stunning feat of engineering planted in a sheer cliff face a giddy 900 metres above the valley floor below. Less perilously located but just as pretty is Morača monastery (an hour's drive), a fresco-festooned building with parts dating back to the 13th century.
Other places to give your legs a workout nearby include the red rock cave, archaeology site and scenic lake views at Crvena Stijena (40 minutes) and Nevidio Canyon (an hour and 20 minutes), perhaps best seen up close on an action-packed canyoning trip through the cliffs and waterfalls. Heaps more hikes and outdoorsy days out can be had close to the canyon, in the surrounds of the Durmitor National Park.
Time for a taste of urban life? Nip up to Nikšić (half an hour away) for sights such as Bedem Fortress, Emperor’s Bridge and the Communist Partizan Monument, along with the museums housed in King Nikola Palace. Montenegro’s petite size also means it’s easy to take off to its coastal towns and villages – Kotor, Perast and Budva are all within a couple of hours’ drive.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camp Pod Ostrog have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camp Pod Ostrog dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camp Pod Ostrog? This is a fab spot for rural wanderings, with the fave hike around these parts being the 45-minute trail to Ostrog Monastery, a stunning feat of engineering planted in a sheer cliff … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camp Pod Ostrog?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime