This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site specialising in canoe and kayak rental and tours
- By the river in Gauja National Park, a five-minute drive to Līgatne
- Boat rental, play areas, firepit and wifi
Canoe Camping, aquatic aficionados will be pleased to note, is exactly how it sounds: a riverside site with pitches to rent and kayaking trips – the setup here is very much 'eat, sleep, row, repeat'.
Even if you’re not a fan of canoeing, this place is a peaceful spot for seeking some R&R by the water or the firepit in the grounds. As it’s in Gauja National Park, an area of Latvia known as ‘Little Switzerland’, the surrounding nature is just as lovely as the title makes it sound.
Want some time on the river checking out the sandstone structures dotted along the banks (but don’t fancy overworking your muscles in a kayak or canoe)? When it comes to water-based travel, other options include jumping on a motorless ferry from a dock just outside the park or renting one of the site’s boats and gliding downstream.
When hunger strikes – as it surely will with so many active happenings going on – cook up a meal to eat out under the open skies at one of the park’s picnic areas. If you’re too tired from all the adventures to chat while you dine, wind down by browsing the free wifi before retiring for the night.
For days on dry land, the site is close to the historical town of Līgatne (a five-minute drive) and is also near several of the walking and cycling trails that run through the national park.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
The five-kilometre Līgatne Nature Trails (10 minutes’ drive) are a highlight of the area – these paths beside the Gauja river, running through woodland crisscrossed by ravines, are set up for wildlife watching. Look out for all sorts of creatures native to Latvia while on your wander round here; roe deer, wild boar, bears and elks are some of the animals you might see.
Scurry underground afterwards at the Soviet Secret Bunker (10 minutes), a former shelter reserved for the elite during Communist-era Latvia. Thanks to the well-preserved USSR artefacts on display, from extensive maps to communications equipment, tours of this complex are fascinating.
If descending nine metres underground sounds a touch too much of a scary experience for the smallest members of your group, take them off to Vienkoči Park (10 minutes) instead and have a wander among the wooden structures. Kids keen for a go at carving can do so in the carpentry workshop in the middle of the complex.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Canoe Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Canoe Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Canoe Camping? The five-kilometre Līgatne Nature Trails (10 minutes’ drive) are a highlight of the area – these paths beside the Gauja river, running through woodland crisscrossed by ravines, are set up for wildlife … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Canoe Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.