This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Site on the banks of Lake Trasimeno with green hills as a backdrop
- A 15-minute drive to Magione and the ferry to Polvese Island
- Pools, waterslides, four playgrounds, bar, restaurant and pizzeria
If you always want to be beside the water on a trip away, try Camping Villaggio Italgest and look forward to plonking yourself down next to a pool area with slides and a whirlpool as well as the banks of a great big lake with spacious grassy beaches…
As you might already have gathered from the pics, the scenery around this park set between the two Italian regions of Umbria and Tuscany is pretty swish, with green hills to greet guests as they wake up in the mornings. But then again, the facilities are rather swank too – there’s a restaurant, pizzeria and mini market for eats, along with entertainment and a kids’ club for small travellers (high season only). If it’s sunny, spark up the barbecue and get meals going; if it's less so, a common room is to hand for curling up in with a book borrowed from the reading area.
After something more energetic? Start up a sporty tournament on the football field, volleyball court or tennis court, or go low-key with boules and ping pong while the kids do their thing at the video games room or four playgrounds. Racquets and balls can be borrowed from reception.
When it’s time to tear yourself away from the telly in the TV room and venture off into the lush area around Lake Trasimeno, the park’s got paved internal roads – so getting the car in and out for trips to the small towns and villages overlooking the shores of the lake or lying in the hills is a doddle.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
NICE, BUT A BIT EMPTY IN JUNE
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Vito Francesco G.Confirmed
piazzole spaziose e comode,piscina con scivoli bella
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
If poking around a couple of castles and villages is your main reason for coming to this part of Italy, start off with Castiglione del Lago, less than 20 minutes away. It sits on a promontory above the lake and is circled by old walls, so it’s got views all around as well as history.
Visit the Doge’s Palace here for fab frescos then get out on the water – at Castiglione del Lago you can sail, windsurf, water ski and canoe. More of a landlubber but still after some outdoorsy times? You could trek around the lakeside paths or get on your bike and cycle them.
Away from the water, Città della Pieve (30 minutes away) also has old walls to check out; this town’s are from the 14th century and surround churches filled with works by famed artist Pietro Vannucci. Also have a day at Magione, 15 minutes from the park, with yet another castle to have a good gander at.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
|Arrive:||5 p.m. –||10:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Camping Villaggio Italgest cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Camping Villaggio Italgest on arrival.
Hired accommodation: €50.00 (£42.14) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Villaggio Italgest have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Villaggio Italgest dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Villaggio Italgest? If poking around a couple of castles and villages is your main reason for coming to this part of Italy, start off with Castiglione del Lago, less than 20 minutes away. It … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Villaggio Italgest?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.