This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site on a private island off the Sardinia coast
- Beach nearby; riding school on site
- Outdoor pool, bar, restaurant, pizzeria, mini market
Seeking a spectacularly scenic Sardinian site... on a private island and in a protected marine area? Arrange a stay at family-friendly Camping Is Aruttas for this, a beach and massages within simple strolling reach.
The site is on Mal di Ventre, a private and peaceful island off the Sardinian coast, famed for its Roman ruins (and its attempt to declare independence in 2008). Leisure options are aplenty here: laze on the beach close to the site, venture out for hikes around the rocky coastline, or book a hack around the island via the Camping Is Aruttas riding centre.
A pool is on site for lazy days around the grounds, and entertainment runs in July and August to keep everyone nicely occupied. And those massages? A Shiatsu massage centre is a few hundred metres from the resort.
Camping Is Aruttas also has a bar, a pizzeria, a restaurant, a mini market and a tobacco store. Back on Sardinia, the closest town of Cabras is 20 minutes' drive from the site; the ancient city of Oristano is 15 minutes' drive from there.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 pitches)
Camping Is Aruttas is less than 20 minutes' drive from the archaeological sites of Tharros, thought to have been one of the most important ancient settlements on Sardinia. It's home these days to an open-air museum with activation sites including the foundations of the city temple as well as houses and crafts workshops; exhibits from the archaeological site can be seen can the museum in Cabras.
To the south of Mal di Ventre 20 minutes' drive from Camping Is Aruttas is the former fishing village of San Giovanni di Sinis, made up of sand dunes, a golden beach and sandstone rocks. Its clear waters are a top spot for diving, snorkelling and fishing, and there's a bar and restaurant in the village for eats and drinks afterwards.
Closer to base, drive east for 10 minutes to reach the ancient village of Monti Prama to see its ancient Giants: parts of over 5,000 stone sculptures created by the Nuragic people who inhabited the island from Bronze Age to Roman times. Some of the fragments have been recreated into full-size statues open to the curious to see.
- Does Camping Is Aruttas have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Is Aruttas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Is Aruttas? Camping Is Aruttas is less than 20 minutes' drive from the archaeological sites of Tharros, thought to have been one of the most important ancient settlements on Sardinia. It's home these days ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Is Aruttas?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.