This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet family site on the edge of the village of Frontone
- Shuttle bus runs to Monte Catria for a range of outdoor activities
- Access to a natural swimming pool with waterfalls in the Cinisco river
There’s no swimming pool at Il Cinisco. Why on earth not, given how hot it can get up in the hills of the Marche region in summer? Well, dear reader, it’s because they’ve got something better: access to a gorgeous natural swimming area in the river Cinisco, which runs right past the site.
Peace and quiet are plentiful at this site, just on the edge of the village of Frontone. You’ll also have splendid rural views from your pitch, as well as easy access to the village’s amenities, including a supermarket, two pizzerias and a bar (and a swimming pool should you require one).
Outdoor living is encouraged here, with facilities including a barbecue area, picnic tables and a covered open-sided dining area that's usable all year thanks to its heating system. The fab gardens around the site mean there's plenty of space for kids to run about, and also a good selection of spots for lounging with a book and/or glass of vino.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Excellent camping simplicité et calme
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
The 1700-metre Monte Catria looms over much of this area, and has much to offer those in search of outdoor activities. A shuttle bus takes half an hour to deposit you at the base of the mountain, from where you can take the 20-minute cable car ride up to 1400 metres, or access the range of marked trails from here for hikers, Nordic walkers and mountain bikers. You can also take your mountain bike to the Catria Bike Park, which has various obstacle courses and trails including two downhill ‘adrenalin’ routes (with easy and hard options).
Also up on the mountain is the Kinderland Adventure Park, which has heaps of fun activities for kids of all ages – among the attractions are trampolines, a massive adventure playground, ziplining, bouncy castle and tubing slide. You can also join horse riding tours on the lower slopes of the mountain from a riding centre half an hour from the site.
Closer to sea level, a half-hour walk from the site takes you up to Frontone Castle, a well-preserved piece of medieval architecture that dates back to the 11th century. Also worth a visit is the Monastery of Fonte Avellana, built around the same time as the castle and famed enough to be mentioned in Dante’s Divine Comedy. You can reach it with a 20-minute drive or couple of hours’ walk.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8:30 a.m. –||9:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||4 p.m.|
Il Cinisco cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Il Cinisco have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Il Cinisco dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Il Cinisco? The 1700-metre Monte Catria looms over much of this area, and has much to offer those in search of outdoor activities. A shuttle bus takes half an hour to deposit you at … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Il Cinisco?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m.