This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet family-friendly site less than five minutes from Lake Como shore
- Haven for ramblers, bikers and horseback riders
- Watersports paradise: windsurfing, sailing, canoeing nearby
This Boot(hill) is made for walking … and cycling, and riding, and sailing – you name it. At Campeggio Boothill, a family-friendly site in the small Lombardy village of Sorico, five minutes’ drive from the shores of Lake Como, you’re sure to feel the burn in the best way possible.
Boothill is a top spot for an active getaway. The site is less than five minutes’ drive from Pian di Spagna Nature Reserve, where you can explore on foot, bike or horseback, and twitchers can keep an eye out for peregrine falcons, crested newts and kestrels.
Those more comfortable getting their toes wet are well served at Boothill too: five minutes away, take to the Lake Como waters for windsurfing, sailing, kitesurfing and canoeing – you can hire a canoe to explore Pian di Spagna off dry land too.
Once you’ve given your muscles a proper workout, settle in on site – take a dip in the pool, grab a quick bite at the snack bar or knock back a cold one in the bar. When you’re feeling hungry for something more substantial, throw some tasty goodies on the barbecue then tuck in among the trees and greenery.
If you’d prefer to take a break from cooking during your hols, there are plenty of restaurants within 15 minutes of Boothill.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Helpful lady who was staying on the site I believe
Great location for exploring around Lake Como.
Fabulous place to stay if you’re ok with mediocre washroom facilities
From the manager...
thanks for the review and we apologize for the errors
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Příjemný a ochotný personál, rodinná atmosféra v kempu. Poloha kousek …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
You can’t come to Lake Como and not explore every inch of the coastline and its world-famous villas and mansions, and there are plenty within 45 minutes’ drive. Start with the gardens and cloisters of lakeside Piona Abbey, then move on to Castello di Vezio and its ghostly statues, the botanical gardens and museums at Villa Monastero and Villa Carlotta, and the spectacular (Star Wars location) Villa del Balbianello.
There’s more to this part of Italy than fab villas though, and the rest is more than worthy of exploration too: the Via dei Monti long-distance hiking route starts in Sorico and runs for 125 kilometres down the western side of Lake Como, and the Alta Via del Lario hiking route (start in Gera Lario) winds over the mountains to Plesio. Half an hour from the site, visit the stunningly scenic Orrido di Bellano gorge and waterfall – a definite must.
If you’re missing all those early activities on the water, get a little (or large) adrenaline spike at Fly Emotion Aerofune (a ziplining park) or Lake Como Adventure Park, both 40 minutes from Boothill.
Up for a longer drive? Head to the city of Como at the lake’s southern tip (an hour 25 minutes away) for shopping, eating, museums, villas and a funicular that will give you views over the city and lake.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Campeggio Boothill have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Campeggio Boothill dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Campeggio Boothill? You can’t come to Lake Como and not explore every inch of the coastline and its world-famous villas and mansions, and there are plenty within 45 minutes’ drive. Start with the gardens … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Campeggio Boothill?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.