This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- 6.5 kilometres from the Colosseum, the Vatican and Rome's city centre
- Easy access to Colle Palatino and Ostia Antica
- Outdoor pool, restaurant and terrace pool bar open until 2am
When in Rome, stay at Roma Camping in Town...? Because apart from splendid facilities such as a big outdoor pool and hydromassage, a restaurant and a poolside bar terrace that's open until 2am, this is the closest accommodation of its kind to Rome's historic centre.
It's a young and lively environment here, with staff happy to help and to recommend local tours and attractions. Exploring is made mighty easy too by the site's handy shuttle service, running pretty much hourly in each direction throughout the day; you can be at Rome's Cipro metro station, around six kilometres away, in 20 minutes or so.
On site, cool off in the pool and follow up with a couple of well-earned cold ones at Ciao Bella pool bar. The restaurant serves up eats like salad, pizza and pasta (natch), and you can get breakfast there to set yourself up for your days of Rome sightseeing. The local supermarket just across the road (accessed via a footbridge) is stocked with piles of fab produce and an excellent butcher's counter. If you want to eat off site but don't want to wander too far, there's a fast food place and a restaurant here too.
Other leisure facilities include a playground area and ping pong and pool tables. Free wifi is available in the communal areas.
Roma Camping in Town also has a launderette and a bureau de change.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great site close to the city. Good restaurant friendly staff.
Everything was good!
Good location, but sh*tty facilities
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Super par la propreté et site pour visiter Rome très bien bus et métro
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Rome and its world-famed sights is a short shuttle ride away: take the quick trip from the site to the centre, stopping enroute at Piazza di Spagna for the Spanish Steps, Barberini metro station for the Trevi Fountain, and the Colosseum for Piazza Bonaparte, Piazza Venizia and the Colosseum. Tickets for the Fiumicino and Ciampino airport shuttle can also be booked directly at reception.
For a beach-based break, Ostia 16 kilometres away has several beaches; get off at Stella Polare, Castel Fusano or Cristoforo Colombo, all close to the seaside. While you're there, sample yet more delicious Italian cuisine at one of the area's seafood restaurants.
Take in the spectacular sunsets on the Colle Palatino, seven kilometres from base, with views towards the Foro Romano, Circo Massimo and the Colosseum.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1:30 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||1 p.m.|
hu Roma Camping in Town cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to hu Roma Camping in Town on arrival.
Local city tax of €2.00 (£1.69) per person per night at least age 10 up to 5 nights is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkAmerican Express
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does hu Roma Camping in Town have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is hu Roma Camping in Town dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near hu Roma Camping in Town? Rome and its world-famed sights is a short shuttle ride away: take the quick trip from the site to the centre, stopping enroute at Piazza di Spagna for the Spanish Steps, Barberini … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of hu Roma Camping in Town?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1:30 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 1 p.m.