This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Direct access to the beach and a top spot for diving and surfing
- A 15-minute walk to the temples and ruins of ancient Paestum
- Shaded by pine and eucalyptus trees
It gets hot round these Campanian parts. So how Italian advantageous, then, is the setting of Camping Mare Pineta, shaded by tall eucalyptus and pine trees to escape under during scorchio days – one could even put up a hammock and snooze gently in the shade... (One certainly should.)
When it's time to venture outside – on day three or four, perhaps – the other settings of the site show themselves to be just as nifty, for Mare Pineta has direct access to its local sandy beach, well suited for families with young kids because of its safe shallow water.
It's right in the Cilento e Vallo di Diano National Park too, which is Italy's second biggest and so splendid it's been a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1998. (One must certainly bring one's camera.) Are you an archaeology fan too? Mare Pineta is a paltry 15-minute walk from the ancient and oh so excellent sites of Paestum.
The site's modern facilities include a bar, a pizzeria, a shop stocked with daily essentials, a playground, a football pitch and a beach volleyball court. The two up to date toilet and shower blocks and a washing-up area are a short stroll from the accommodation area.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
It's a spectacularly scenic and short 15-minute stroll from Camping Mare Pineta through a pine grove and over the city walls to reach the first-rate ruins and UNESCO-listed temples of ancient Paestum.
Also mighty popular in the area, the Cilento coast and Amalfi coast are a short drive away: book an excursion in the Mare Pineta reception to see as much of both as humanly possible and/or to shore dive and surf among the waters of either. Surf kit can be hired near the site.
Italian coast and countryside cantering are easily sorted at the local equestrian centre four kilometres from base, or take yourself off into the Cilento e Vallo di Diano National Park for hikes, kayaking, cycling, the huge Certosa di San Lorenzo monastery and the Grotte di Castelcivita, where one individual named Spartacus is said to have taken refuge after leading his slave rebellion in 71BC.
Many a traditional Italian town and village is nearby too, for foodies to fully explore the local cuisine and to check out the many sagre (food festivals) held around them in the summer months.
- Does Campeggio Mare Pineta have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Campeggio Mare Pineta dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Campeggio Mare Pineta? It's a spectacularly scenic and short 15-minute stroll from Camping Mare Pineta through a pine grove and over the city walls to reach the first-rate ruins and UNESCO-listed temples of ancient Paestum. … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Campeggio Mare Pineta?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10:30 a.m.