This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Next to a lake in the Westhavelland Nature Park
- Restaurant with terrace; boat and electric bike hire; on-site fishing
- Adventure playground, sports court and farm animals to meet
A smashing time is on hand for small sorts, avian enthusiasts and adventurous types at Campingpark Buntspecht, near Rathenow in the Havelland district of Germany's Brandenburg.
Small sorts first, as they'll likely insist… this is a fab site for families, with critters to chatter at, games to play and room galore to roam. Let kids off the leash first at the zoo area, to greet farm animals and then plaintively enquire why this sort of animal owning isn't available to them back home. Then take them along to intrepidly explore the excellent adventure playground with bouncy castle, while you intrepidly explore the eats and drinks options of the restaurant, thoughtfully set right beside the playground.
The Ferchesar region around the site is full of lakes and forests, and one each of these is right to hand for your small sorts, teens, other halves or budding nature spotters/ woodland wanderers: Campingpark Buntspecht is a lakeside site, in the middle of the woodland of the Westhavelland Nature Park.
Plunge into the lake to cool off on a hot day, fish from the pier, or hire motorboat, pedalo, electric or rowing boats to take out onto these calm Ferchesar lake waters (there's mooring on site too if you're arriving with your own vessel). Guests of all sizes can also hire bikes – or electric bikes – for easy days pedalling around the comely local countryside and nature park, or stay on site for a range of sporty activities like table tennis, volleyball, boccia and badminton.
A kids' club runs daily in high season, and puppet shows as well as guided forest hikes are frequently available for guests; check the events calendar when you arrive to see what's on during your stay.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
This peaceful and protected land is a tiptop spot for birdwatching and nature spotting, among the landscapes of the Westhavelland Nature Park, Brandenburg's biggest as well one of the largest wetland areas in western Europe.
Look out for white-tailed eagles, red kites and waterfowl aplenty around the park's Havel river and marshland setting, as well as migrating birds around Gülper Lake, and mammals such as otters and beavers. Germany's last remaining great bustards live here too if you're eagle eyed enough to catch a glimpse.
Guided walks and cycle routes are accessible within a short distance: the Campingpark Buntspecht team can point you in the right direction for either, and hire out bikes and electric bikes for a modest fee.
Bus tours of Berlin run from the site sometimes in summer (dependent on demand); to get there by your own efforts, an hourly service departs from nearby Rathenow about 20 minutes' drive away, for a journey of just under an hour.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Campingpark Buntspecht have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Campingpark Buntspecht dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Campingpark Buntspecht? This peaceful and protected land is a tiptop spot for birdwatching and nature spotting, among the landscapes of the Westhavelland Nature Park, Brandenburg's biggest as well one of the largest wetland areas … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Campingpark Buntspecht?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.