This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family site on shores of Bavaria’s Tachinger lake
- Direct access to sandy beach, watersports and cycling trails
- A 30-minute drive from the Austrian city of Salzburg
Want your hols to be more go go go than sit sit sit? Run along to Seecamping Taching am See, a family-friendly site on the shores of Tachinger lake, under five minutes’ drive from the centre of Taching am See in the Traunstein region of Bavaria.
There are loads of hiking and biking trails in the surrounding area, so pull on your walking boots or your bike helmet and get exploring. If you’re more at home in the water than on land, you won’t have to go very far at all: there’s direct access to the lake from the site, so you can lounge on the sand, take a dip, or get out on the lake’s surface for some watersports.
Keep the action going back on site too – challenge your getaway buddies to a game of table tennis, rack up the points in pétanque or take it to the net on one of the two beach volleyball courts.
When you’re ready to tuck in, venture over to the Italian restaurant on site (be sure to bag a table on the terrace for lakeside views while you eat), or fire up the barbecue and pile it high with goodies from Waging am See, 10 minutes away.
For a change of scenery, pull up a chair at one of the many restaurants within 10 minutes of the site.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Would highly recommend this site!
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
heerlijk eten. Leuke speeltuin, mooi meer, nette staplaatsen
Hatten einen schönen Platz war sehr schön und gepflegt kommen …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Haven’t got enough of watersports at Seecamping Taching am See? Fret not, as the site is less than half an hour’s drive from Chiemsee lake, where you can swim, sail, row, take a pedalo out, or take the easier approach with a paddle steamer tour. Chiemsee is also a top destination for non-water activities: explore the islands of Fraueninsel and Herreinsel for a Benedictine monastery and two castles (one of which was modelled on Versailles).
Speaking of castles, quite a few are within day trip distance: within an hour of the site, you can poke around the fortress of Tittmoning, Herrenchiemsee palace (that’s the Versailles one), Burghausen (the largest castle complex in Europe), and Klessheim, Hohenwerfen and Hellbrunn over the border in Austria. If you’re up for a longer trip, Bavarian must-sees Linderhof, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau are a little under three hours away.
If you’re craving city life, Salzburg is a 40-minute drive away. Make the trip for Mirabell Palace and Gardens, tours and tastings at Sliegl Brauwelt, Hohensalzburg fortress, the Salzburg Residenz palace museum and gallery, and the zoo. It’s also the birthplace of Mozart and a major location for the Sound of Music, so be sure to sniff out some tours.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Seecamping Taching am See have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Seecamping Taching am See dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Seecamping Taching am See? Haven’t got enough of watersports at Seecamping Taching am See? Fret not, as the site is less than half an hour’s drive from Chiemsee lake, where you can swim, sail, row, take … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Seecamping Taching am See?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: Anytime
Reception is unmanned after 5pm, so please inform the team via the number in the confirmation email if you expect to arrive later.Read more
Reception is also closed between 12 noon and 2pm for lunch.