This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Modern site with spectacular mountain views
- Sauna and fitness room use included in rate
- Wine bar and restaurant, spotless amenities and dog shower area
Mountain views all around... Alpine peaks provide the backdrop all around Camping Resort Zugspitze, for cracking views from just about wherever you pitch up.
The big daddy around here is the one the resort is named after – the Zugspitze, at 2,962 metres the highest peak in Germany. It towers over the site and the nearest village of Grainau, a 10-minute drive away and a good place to pick up food at the supermarket or bakery.
After getting active in your mountainous surrounds, have a session in the site sauna or spa, or a massage in the wellness area; there's also a gym if you're still feeling active. Other facilities among this lush landscape include a playground, a games room in an Alpine hut, and a bistro with terrace, handily set next to the playground so you can keep one eye on small-person antics. There’s also a big breakfast buffet to tuck into every day (extra charge applies), or you can have your fresh bread order delivered ready for the next morning.
On top of all this, previous guests have raved about the spankingly clean toilet and shower facilities, with one visitor declaring them to be ‘the cleanest and best camping bathrooms ever experienced’. And it’s not just humanfolk treated to such fab facilities – if you’re travelling with a canine there’s a dedicated dog-walking area with a shower for pooch pampering (or just to hose down a mucky pup).
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Guter Platz vor Ort gute Versorgung und endsotgung
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
From the station Garmisch-Partenkirchen take the bus to Grainau - the bus stop is in front of the campsite
The mountains and meadows around Grainau have over 100 kilometres of trails running close to the village; call into the tourist info office for their walks booklet of over 40 marked routes taking in sights such as the Eibsee and Badersee lakes or the Partnachklamm gorge.
Among the other ways to get active are kayaking, rafting and canoeing on the river Loisach from Werdenfels, 20 minutes away – world champs have been held here before so you know you’re in for a good ride. Further watery fun can be had at the Zugspitzbad aquatic centre in Grainau – head over here for indoor and outdoor pools, a kids’ pool, waterslide and hot tub.
Club-wielders have 19 golf courses to choose from within an hour’s drive, both in Germany and across the nearby border in Austria. Be aware, they’re not ideal for the easily distracted – the nearest clubs, Land-und-Golfclub Werdenfels and Golf-Club Garmisch-Partenkirchen, have more of those dazzling mountain views as you tee off.
- Does Camping Resort Zugspitze have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Resort Zugspitze dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Resort Zugspitze? The mountains and meadows around Grainau have over 100 kilometres of trails running close to the village; call into the tourist info office for their walks booklet of over 40 marked routes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Resort Zugspitze?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.