This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the nature reserve of the Ardèche gorges
- A 20-minute walk from the Ardèche river via several routes
- Restaurant, shop, playground and small library
Oh my, what a gorgeous place is this. If you like French valleys, and rivers, and gorges, and wildlife havens… well, this part of the world is likely to make you most happy indeed.
Camping Mille Etoiles is in a fab holiday spot, overlooking the magnif Ardèche gorges, a place of spectacular scenery, rocky landscapes and scores slashed into the landscape as deep as 300 metres. The Gorges de l'Ardèche is a nature reserve too, so you'll hear hooting owls and other birds, and might be able to spy boars, deer, beavers and the rare Bonelli's eagle – there are a couple of eagley pairs hanging out among the gorges, of only about 30 pairs in the whole of France.
Mille Etoiles is at the end of a quiet track and, as you might have figured from all the above, is a peaceful holiday place for getting into nature and the outdoors. It has direct access to the Ardèche river via several different pathways, all about 20 minutes' walk: take a different one every day to go swimming, go nature spotting or just bask in the valley sunshine…
The site has a restaurant, a small shop selling essentials, a playground and laundry facilities. There's also a small library, so pick up un livre and take yourself off out for a gorgeously scenic day.
Open from 16/04/2021 to 09/10/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
From the manager...
rural camping experience well positioned for exploring the Ardeche
Spectacular scenery, peaceful and relaxing. Very friendly and helpful staff.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
personnel amical, installation propre, emplacement spacieux
Les sanitaires et l’emplacement dans les bois, c’était fort dépaysant …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Mountain biking, hiking and swimming all are available close by and within 12 kilometres activity seekers can find canoe and kayak hire, horse riding, donkey trekking, rock climbing and mountaineering.
This is an ancient area filled with ancient caves, a few very famed of which are within an easy drive of the site: within 12 kilometres are La Grotte de la Madeleine and the restored La Grotte Chauvet with the earliest known prehistoric cave paintings in the world; and within easy reach are L'Aven d'Orgnac, one of the most visited caves in the Ardèche, and spectacular La Cocalière, among the biggest caves in France.
You should also see the village of Labastide de Virac with its Château de Roures; the markets of Barjac and of Vallon Pont d'Arc, and the big natural bridge of the Pont d'Arc: a top plan is to canoe underneath it, humming gently and pretending one is on some sort of quest.
- Can bookings for Camping Mille Etoiles be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 31/12/2021. Read more
- Does Camping Mille Etoiles have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Mille Etoiles dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Mille Etoiles? Mountain biking, hiking and swimming all are available close by and within 12 kilometres activity seekers can find canoe and kayak hire, horse riding, donkey trekking, rock climbing and mountaineering. This is … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Mille Etoiles?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.