This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site with a relaxed atmosphere in leafy green surroundings
- A 15-minute drive from Melle and 50 minutes to Futuroscope
- Swimming pool on site; walks into the countryside from the entrance
Get some much-deserved holiday time in at La Grosse Talle, a spacious site in the leafy green setting of an old orchard in the Deux-Sèvres department. This rural park’s about a half an hour's drive from the riverside town of Niort but a trip here’s generally about making the most of the nearby countryside paths for walking and biking in the pretty Pays Mellois surrounds, and of pottering around the three Romanesque churches in Melle 15 minutes away.
While the grounds are also 50 minutes' drive away from high-octane thrills at Futuroscope Theme Park, they're also splendid if all you want to do is rest in the greenery without going much further than the shared fridge for snacks… In fact, this place is said to have an atmosphere so peaceful the owners reckon it gets guests waxing lyrical about how much they want to come back.
If you're staying put for a while, a hectare and a half of land is here to spread out on one of the sun loungers with downtime broken up by dips in the swimming pool. For food, markets are held in different local villages six days a week.
For submerges in nature instead – plus canoeing on the river and a kids’ beach – Réjallant Ruffec is 45 minutes away. You could also kayak down the water to Château de Verteuil from here for views out over the Charente valley (or just get there in the car in 45 minutes).
On a strolling hol and making Santiago de Compostela in Galicia your final destination? La Grosse Talle is also on the western pilgrimage walking route to this Spanish city.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent site. Loved everything about it
From the manager...
Thank you Martin - it was a joy to have you visiting La Grosse Talle and see how you relaxed here!
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
If you’re keen for a trip to the town of Niort, half an hour’s drive from the site, make sure to swing by the informative museum set inside a former prison. This place is also on the edges of the Parc Naturel Régional du Marais Poitevin and its marshlands and canals for rowing. The Abbey Maillezais is in the park too (55 minutes away): climb up its tower for spectacular views over the area.
A little closer by (50 minutes) is another abbey and an arboretum at Nanteuil-en-Vallée, noted as being one of France’s ‘small towns of character’ if you fancy getting in a bit of local culture during your trip...
Speaking of character, the primates at Monkey Valley (40 minutes away) have this by the bucketload; make your way here to chat with the bonobo et al then carry on towards the La Planète des Crocodiles an hour and five minutes’ drive and sight even more exotic creatures.
- Does La Grosse Talle have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is La Grosse Talle dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near La Grosse Talle? If you’re keen for a trip to the town of Niort, half an hour’s drive from the site, make sure to swing by the informative museum set inside a former prison. This … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of La Grosse Talle?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.