This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet, rural family-friendly site next to a farm with animals to feed
- A 10-minute drive from lakeside beaches; 45 to Limoges and Angoulême
- Barbecue, pizza oven, games barn and plenty of room for play
Park yourself in a shaded area at Camping Le Douvet, a serene site on a family-friendly farm midway between Limoges and Angoulême with nothing to break the silence but fields full of horses, goats and chickens. This park is also home to geese, cats and a dog called Bowie, which the kids can trundle along to feed every morning.
Once the animals have had their eats sort your own: you can fire up the barbecue or make a margarita in the pizza oven (then snooze it all off in a hammock set up beside your pitch...).
While you're napping the kids can play – ask Camping Le Douvet’s owners to fill up a paddling pool for small swimmers if the sun’s streaming through the site’s many trees; young family members are also welcome to whizz around the spacious, grassy grounds or get involved in indoor antics ranging from football to table tennis in the big barn if the weather’s not up to scratch. A volleyball court sits outside for energetic games as well.
Once the kids have had their fill it's time to get ready for explores: this Charente Limousine department site is well located for trips to lake beaches, reservoirs, Romanesque churches and pretty old towns. Crumbling castles including the Château de Peyras are a 10-minute drive away and the better-preserved Château de La Rochefoucauld with its large turrets takes 25 minutes to reach.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
fab owners, fab place and would definitely come again.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Especially well suited to kids, the Lacs de Haute Charente adventure park is 10 minutes’ drive from the site for dizzying bungee jumps and rope courses through the treetops.
If the trails here have the whole family wanting to zonk out afterwards, the beaches of Lac du Mas Chaban are 10 minutes away – and watersports lessons including sailing, windsurfing and canoeing are on hand here too if there’s still some energy left over...
Parents can get some culture in at Chabanais, a small village 15 minutes from Camping Le Douvet with the 13th-century Church of Saint-Michel and 16th-century Saint-Michel house to have a look at after walks around the surrounding Vienne valley.
If the city’s calling, Limoges is 45 minutes away for the porcelain displays in the Adrien Dubouché National Museum and the sight of old timber-covered houses along the Rue de la Boucherie. In Angoulême, also a 45-minute drive (and slightly to the west of stunning Périgord Limousin Natural Regional Park), guests can go and stare at the Romanesque-style cathedral.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Le Douvet have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Le Douvet dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Douvet? Especially well suited to kids, the Lacs de Haute Charente adventure park is 10 minutes’ drive from the site for dizzying bungee jumps and rope courses through the treetops. If the trails … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Douvet?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.