This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Holiday park in a lively seaside town
- Huge waterpark with several pools, spa bath, slides and fountains
- Nightly entertainment, restaurant and three kids' clubs
A French beach break? Le British, le Irish and heaps more holidaymakers from Europe and beyond find big and lively Les Charmettes a tiptop option for sunny stays: it's the Siblu group's flagship park with first-rate facilities and services in the busy seaside town of Charente Maritime.
There's so much to do here that you'll want to alternate days on the nearby Atlantic beaches with long days whirling around or unwinding on site, whether you fancy active days or lazing about. First up is the huge waterpark, with indoor pool and a spa bath, two outdoor pools, a paddling pool with nearby play area, giant waterslides, fountains and an aqua splash zone – just to get you started...
When (if?) that gets too much, ask the staff to book you a beauty treatment, or trot along to the gym for some activity indoors. Or you could join in the daily programme of activities for all tastes while the kids get stuck into the three kids' clubs: Bubbles (ages one to four), Pirates (ages five to nine) and Barracudas (ages ten to 14).
Accommodation here is in mobile homes, all with kitchens, terraces and private and hedged spaces alongside. Barbecues are allowed on site if you want to sort your own food and eat alfresco; if not, the Charmettes restaurant, pizzeria and creperie serves a wide variety of meals and drinks all day.
Also around – yes, yet more – is a swish indoor entertainment venue with summer events for all ages, including concerts, circus acts and magic shows.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Camping très agréable les piscines au top Mobil home très ...
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Horse riding nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
- Take the A16/E402 direction Boulogne
- Take the A28/E402 direction Rouen
- Take the N28/E402 direction Rouen
- Leave Rouen N338/E402 direction Le Mans
- Continue on the N138 direction Le Mans
- Take the A13/E402 direction Le Mans
- Take the A28 direction Le Mans/Tours
- Take the A10 direction Tours/Bordeaux
- Follow local directions below
- From the port follow Rouen N27. From Rouen follow directions above.
From Le Havre/Caen
- Follow signs out of the port for Caen. On the ring road head for Mondeville.
- Leave the Caen ring road following signs south for N158 Falaise – Sées – Alençon and N138/A28 to Le Mans.
- Continue on N138 to Tours and onto A10 to Poitiers – Niort – Saintes.
- Follow local directions below.
- Take the N13 out of the port initially following signs for Caen.
- Turn off onto the D2 for Coutances and then pick up the D7 for Avranches – continue following signs for Rennes.
- Join the Rennes ring road (rocade) and follow signs for Nantes N137 junction.
- Take the Nantes ring road south – at Nantes Sud following Niort and Bordeaux A83.
- Join the A10 and leave at junction 35, the Saintes exit.
- Follow local directions below.
From St Malo
- Take the N137 out of St. Malo following signs for Rennes – continue as above.
- Take the D58 out of the port to Morlaix – follow signs to Quimper and join the N165 to Lorient – Nantes and ring road – follow Cherbourg above.
- From the A10 motorway leave at junction 35 for Saintes and take the N150 towards Royan, Saujon.
- At Saujon turn right onto the D14, towards La Tremblade.
- At Avert, turn left onto the D141 towards La Palmyre, les Charmettes is signposted.
- The parc entrance is off the D141 to the right-hand side (just past Les Mathes) on the road to la Palmyre/Zoo.
From the airport of La Rochelle, Airoport de La Rochelle-Laleu
- Take the N237, direction La Rochelle.
- Before arriving in La Rochelle continue on the N137.
- Leave the road at junction 31, direction Rochefort-Centre/Ile d’Oléron/Royan/Marennes.
- Once you have passed Marennes-Plage, follow the D25 at the roundabout take the second exit and continue on the D25.
- Once you arrive in Arvert follow the local directions above.
Long stretches of golden Atlantic beach are within easy driving distance of Les Charmettes, such as the family-friendly sands and coves of sheltered La Palmyre within a kilometre and a half, the surfing waves of the Côte Sauvage within five, and the sightseeing of St Palais, home of Cordouan lighthouse and ten kilometres away.
If you're on holiday with the kids, popular options in the area include Parc du Futuroscope in Vienne for rides and exhibitions on a multimedia theme, historical theme park Puy de Fou, the aerial runways of Aventure Parc Lacs de Haute Charente, and the huge aquarium and underwater tunnel at La Rochelle. You'll also be within driving distance of La Palmyre, one of the biggest zoos in Europe with over 1,600 animals to see.
Another good option is a trip to Cognac, for wanders around its medieval quarter and a look inside some of its old cognac houses.
Or island hop around the region by taking the three-kilometre bridge connecting La Rochelle to the cycle trails and restaurants of the island of Ré, or checking out more surf and the sand dunes at Oléron.
Permitted arrival/departure time
Arrival times are from 4pm - 6.30pm (until 9pm in July in August). Units must be vacated by 10.30am.
Les Charmettes cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
From 2 to 6 weeks before arrival: 50% of the balance will be retained or £100 if the total holiday price is below £200
Modifications are subject to a £35.00 fee.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Les Charmettes will debit the balance from your card 6 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 6 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: €300.00 (£251.28) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
This area is not subject to city tax.
Payment methods accepted on the parkMasterCard