This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site 10 minutes' drive from Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie
- Indoor and outdoor heated pools and paddling pool
- Summer entertainment, multisports venue, Jacuzzi and snack bar
Hankering after a hol with the kids in tow? Enter Domaine de la Michelière: this kid-friendly site in the Vendée has enough to do to keep all ages contentedly occupied for aeons. It's a 10-minute drive too from the sandy shores of seaside town St Gilles Croix de Vie, whose Grand Plage beach stretches for three kilometres.
But back to what's on site, as you'll likely spend a fair amount of time at base too. The pool area at Domaine de la Michelière is properly mighty, covering a sizeable 2,500 square metres to include an outdoor pool as well as an indoor one for covered dips (both are heated to 27°Celsius from Easter to early autumn). There's also a paddling pool for the nippers along with a Jacuzzi for mums and dads.
Elsewhere, Domaine de la Michelière has a snack bar for refuelling (just the ticket after a particularly challenging game of pétanque...) or you can pick up eats at the supermarket a five-minute drive away.
A TV room is also on site... perhaps your grownup place for a breather while the kids are mingling with other mini humans at the weekday kids' club...? There’s entertainment for everyone in high season as well, with nightly shows including live music.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Good site with excellent pool facilities and friendly staff.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Domaine de la Michelière is surrounded by leafy countryside on the outskirts of Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie and its pretty pedestrianised streets. Should you want to stock up on Gallic delicacies like camembert and freshly baked baguettes, it's a 10-minute drive from the site to the traditional markets that crop up in town.
And for leisure? Cyclists will have boundless trails to explore – there are more than 350 kilometres worth in the Vendée – while watersports fans can partake in a spot of sailing from Port la Vie back in St-Gilles or book surf lessons on the beaches.
A 10-minute drive inland will bring you to a canoe centre for paddles around wetlands, and there’s an adventure park made up of treetop trails 15 minutes away. Or, for a slice of dreamy island life, Noirmoutier's gorgeous beaches and walking trails are less than an hour's drive north up the coast.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Domaine de la Michelière have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Domaine de la Michelière dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Domaine de la Michelière? Domaine de la Michelière is surrounded by leafy countryside on the outskirts of Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie and its pretty pedestrianised streets. Should you want to stock up on Gallic delicacies like camembert and freshly … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Domaine de la Michelière?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.