This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site by a lake five minutes' drive from Brûlon
- 40 minutes' drive from the motor circuit at Le Mans
- Swimming pool, mini farm and lots of kids' summer activities
Keep the small sorts happy and the family hol’s a breeze – that’s the thinking at Sarthe site Le Septentrion, by a lovely lake and the Vègre river five minutes’ drive from Brûlon.
Clever types Dominique and Marie have accordingly stuffed their site full of things to delight les enfants (and hopefully, in turn, their grownup companions), including a mini farm, miniature golf, table tennis, a trampoline and a volleyball court. Splashing at the swimming pool and paddling pool can continue through high season whatever the weather, for they’ve got both heated waters and a natty cover that can be drawn when dark clouds threaten.
Quite possibly of equal interest to all ages are the kids’ activities that run through the summer – the nippers can get stuck into fun things like canoe trips, archery sessions and craft workshops while the grownups have a bit of free time to play pétanque or chill out with book in hand (or, just possibly, a glass of vino – you've earned it).
Even the eats have been cooked up with family harmony front of mind: the bar-restaurant menu features familiar faves (burgers, pizzas and the like) for the picky ones and a selection of local specialities for those with more adventurous tastes. There’s also a barbecue area for folks who fancy a bit of alfresco cooking; it’s free to use as long as you clean up when you're done.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great stay love to go back
Food was excellent, staff very friendly and a very pleasant site.
Great site, great facilities.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
From the A81 towards Le Mans / Laval take the Exit 1 Sablé sur Sarthe. Follow the signposts for Brûlon for approximately three kilometres. When you reach the town centre follow the signposts to the site.
More evidence of a family-friendly setup is in the list of activities a mere toddle from the site. A few minutes’ stroll takes you to the river, where there’s a sandy beach area (and a lifeguard on duty in high season) and plenty of spots from which to dangle a fishing rod. A similar saunter leads to a lakeside activity centre that’s got fun times both water-based (sailing, canoeing, paddleboarding) and on dry land (paintballing, climbing, disc golf).
Getting around on two wheels is a good way to explore, and made easier by the presence of bikes to hire on site. Those who favour a bit more power to their vehicles may like to take a trip to the racing circuit at Le Mans, 40 minutes away and home to the famed 24-hour races.
For somewhat gentler days out, stick around in Le Mans to wander through its historic centre (time your visit for a summer evening when the landmarks are all lit up if poss). Château de Malicornes sur-Sarthe, the Mosaîque Garden and the Saulges caves are within a half-hour drive too; wilder times can be had meeting the beasts at Zoo de la Flèche, 45 minutes away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Le Septentrion have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Le Septentrion dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Le Septentrion? More evidence of a family-friendly setup is in the list of activities a mere toddle from the site. A few minutes’ stroll takes you to the river, where there’s a sandy beach … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Le Septentrion?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.