This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Bohemian and stylish wooden pods on the edge of lush forest in Puisaye
- A 40-minute drive to Auxerre; 15 minutes from Toucy’s Saturday market
- Swimming pool, bowling and kitchens on site; shops and dining nearby
A very unusual stay awaits in Grandchamp, in the Puisaye department of Yonne: Domaine de la Puisaye has cleverly designed wooden pods with stylish interiors – imaginative accommodation straight out of a fairy tale that will certainly wow the kids. To add to the magic of the site, it’s on the edge of thick forest and if you’re quiet going about your day, you might just get to see deer and wild boar.
Family attractions come thick and fast here. There’s an outdoor swimming pool, children can challenge new-found friends to games in the bowling alley, and younger kids can wear off energy on trampolines and swings – or even donkey rides.
It’s also a romantic spot for loved-up couples, with a natty wooden sauna to really relax in, as well as lots of peaceful woodland and lakeside walks straight from site.
You can pick up essentials from the convenience store in Villiers-Saint-Benoît (10 minutes’ drive) to conjure up family meals in the communal kitchen, and chat with fellow guest over glass of Burgundy wine, or shoot off in the car to explore the restaurants and bars of Toucy (15 minutes).
A round-up of on-site amenities include parent-and-baby washrooms, showers and a communal fridge.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Check-in: one group at a time
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
More frequent emptying of bins
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
The medieval, half-timbered town of Toucy (15 minutes’ drive) has many charms, including a well-known Saturday market where you can source regional wines, patisserie and cheese. There are plenty of other markets in the Puisaye region too, from Bléneau (30 minutes) on Tuesday to Courson-les-Carrières (40 minutes) on Thursday.
There are loads of stately piles in these parts too, with the 17th-century Château de Saint-Fargeau (30 minutes) open for candlelit tours of its magnificent rooms. Time travel back to the 13th century with a poke around Guédelon Castle (35 minutes), a new defence fort being constructed in medieval style.
Sitting on the Yonne river, historic Auxerre (40 minutes) has a massive cathedral and La Marine old town to mooch around, as well as lots of wine, music and flower festivals over summer, while Rogny-les-Sept-Écluses (35 minutes) edges the Briare Canal, with plenty of pretty waterside walks and an impressive, 17th-century lock flight.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||5 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Domaine de la Puisaye cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 15 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 30/11/2022.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Domaine de la Puisaye on arrival.
Hired accommodation: €450.00 (£386.73) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Local city tax of €0.93 (£0.78) per person per night at least age 18 is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Can bookings for Domaine de la Puisaye be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 30/11/2022. Read more
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Domaine de la Puisaye have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Domaine de la Puisaye dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Domaine de la Puisaye? The medieval, half-timbered town of Toucy (15 minutes’ drive) has many charms, including a well-known Saturday market where you can source regional wines, patisserie and cheese. There are plenty of other markets … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Domaine de la Puisaye?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.