This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spectacular green setting on four and a half hectares of castle estate
- Under 10 minutes' drive from Moyaux and 40 from beaches at Deauville
- Classical music concerts, outdoor cinema, library and restaurant
Who's up for a stay on a Normandy castle estate? Sensible sorts, of course, because why would you not.
Make therefore for peaceful Camping Le Colombier, in a spectacular green setting of parkland and woodland in Normandy's famed Pays d'Auge and on a spacious estate with its own castle right on the grounds. This swish setting is home to all sorts of activities laid on in summer for all ages, including games, outdoor cinema and – how swish indeed – classical music concerts under the stars.
Under your own steam, you can tackle table tennis, tennis, volleyball and miniature golf, take the kids to the playground, or head indoors for the library, billiards room and games room. And if you're venturing off site, it's under 10 minutes' drive from Moyaux from this Calvados department setting, and 40 minutes from the beaches of Deauville.
Even the creperie and restaurant is handsome here, set in a pretty half-timbered house to dish up pancakes, homemade cakes and drinks. The village bakery delivers fresh bread and pastries every morning: just let the staff know the day before what you want.
Guests can hire barbecues and fridges, and arbecues are allowed.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
The pitch was scruffy no bar provided small swimming pool …
Excellent tranquil site
Lovely stay close to typical french villages & cidre farm!
Average site not as advertised and over priced as a result
The entire facility was very clean and had a friendly …
Countryside location, ideal for children and dogs.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Large (51-200 pitches)
The Pays d'Auge between the Calvados and Orne departments is famed throughout Normandy and France for its green and peaceful countryside, typical Normandy farmland, Camembert and other cheese, and AOC cider and calvados.
Head north west to Deauville for beaches and an acclaimed setting home to racecourse, casino, marinas, harbour and swish villas: this is the closest seaside resort to Paris so has been a trendy seaside resort for decades. If you're up for active times, it's also 40 minutes to sailing and windsurfing at Blonville-sur-Mer, where courses in both are available via the yacht club.
From Blonville, drive 15 minutes to Trouville-sur-Mer, home of another first-rate beach as well as a fab fish market. A 20-minute drive from Blonville will take you to Dives-sur-Mer, the coastal spot where one W le Conqueror left Normandy shores to tackle King Harold and his crew back in 1066.
The pilgrimage centre of Lisieux, capital of the Pays d'Auge, is 20 minutes' drive away.
- Does Camping Le Colombier have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Le Colombier dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Colombier? The Pays d'Auge between the Calvados and Orne departments is famed throughout Normandy and France for its green and peaceful countryside, typical Normandy farmland, Camembert and other cheese, and AOC cider and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Colombier?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.