This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the Massif du Sancy and the Auvergne Volcanoes Regional Nature Park
- 900 metres above sea level, 2.5km from the spa town of La Bourboule
- Play areas, fitness area and cosy common room; shop 100 metres away
Clearly, one can expect a highly excellent time at Camping Les Clarines. For this lovely place (pic time, please) is 900 metres above sea level in the stunning Auvergne Volcanoes Regional Nature Park, the biggest nature park in France at almost 400,000 hectares of peaks, volcanoes and spectacular green space.
Such views are yours for the taking with a stay at Les Clarines, as are days of mountain hiking, mountain biking, climbing and skiing of both the downhill and the Nordic variety… the setting is the Massif du Sancy in the Puy-de-Dôme, and hiking trails start within 50 metres, so get prepped for lengthy outdoor days. And if that makes you a tad tired? Firstly, fair enough, and secondly, not a problem, as the spa town soaks of La Bourboule are a simple two and a half kilometres away – you could walk there if you’re feeling fully virtuous...
Covering almost four hectares of handsome south-facing land, Camping Les Clarines is a prime place for quiet days in between all this mountainous action/indulgent afternoons, with plenty of green space for lazy snoozes. There’s pétanque and two play areas to amuse the infants (the play areas have tunnels and castles so you may not see junior guests for quite some time), and a fitness area, volleyball/badminton net and ping pong tables for energetic adults.
A mountain bike trail completes the on-site adventuring – and then it’s time to toddle over to the communal room, with TV, free wifi, books, board games, vending machines (with cake)… and lush mountain views.
And then? A mountain-based barbecue: source supplies at the supermarket 100 metres away.
Open from 03/01/2021 to 10/10/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great place for families (kids would love the pool), but noisy
Excellent site with good facilities and wifi
Stop over place with the facilities you need but not near that much
Nice campsite, good for staying with kids
Great campsite, really clean shower and toilet blocks, friendly family …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
It’s fairly fortunate that spa submerges at La Bourboule are so close to the site, for there are many ways around here to tire oneself out...
Hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails crisscross these mountainous parts, including the GR 30 accessible just 50 metres away. This fine long-distance path runs for almost 200 kilometres around the volcanoes and lakes of Auvergne and the Puy-de-Dôme, winding upwards to 1,845 metres for the sturdy of leg (and down to 700 metres for the less so). To aim downwards at headier speed, the Mont-Dore ski station is 10 minutes’ drive from the site.
Local waterfalls, 10 lakes within 20 kilometres, and the splendid Vulcania theme park 40 minutes’ drive away should also be on any sensible to-do list in the region; to tick famed mountains off the itinerary too, drive 45 minutes to the 40 or so domes and cones making up the Chaîne des Puys, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Les Clarines have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Clarines dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Clarines? It’s fairly fortunate that spa submerges at La Bourboule are so close to the site, for there are many ways around here to tire oneself out... Hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Clarines?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.