This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Located by a former watermill on a crystal clear brook
- Family oriented with a wide range of facilities for all
- Top spot for relaxing stays
Yearning for the slow-paced days of yore? Step back in time at Moulin de Chaules, a family-friendly site five minutes’ drive from the Cantal village of St Constant in the Auvergne region…
Moulin de Chaules oozes history: the site, which is part of the former Chaules estate, is next to a disused watermill on a crystal clear brook, and the ruins of an old castle – owned by a neighbour who’s more than happy for guests to call over for a visit – rise above the treetops. There are also plenty of scenic and ancient villages, churches and châteaux nearby to explore.
On site, you’re all set up for relaxing days, particularly in the low season: stroll next to the stream, play a game of boules, ping pong or table football, take a dip in the pool or just retreat to your square of France for a siesta in the shade.
During the high season, there are tons of activities to entertain all members of the family and all age groups, from bread making over the campfire to boat races with boats you’ll build yourself.
Once you’ve built up an appetite, head to the bar-restaurant for a meal to be washed down with a few drinks – for the peckish moments during the day, there are fresh baguettes and croissants baked daily on site. If you’d prefer to venture outside the site for your grub, grab a table at one of the restaurants within 10 minutes of Moulin de Chaules, or pick up supplies from one of the nearby supermarkets (or the on-site grocery) and set up your barbecue in the aromatic garden.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
The area around Moulin de Chaules is well worth exploring: the landscape of the Cantal highlands merges into sweeping glacier valleys, lakes and waterfalls, and is inhabited by deer, goats, rock thrushes and peregrine falcons. Find your way around on horseback, bicycle or your own two feet, then travel the 35 minutes to Saint-Étienne-Cantalès dam for swimming and watersports.
Make the most of your getaway in this stunningly scenic part of France with visits to the ancient spa town of Vic-sur-Cère and Village de Conques to follow twisty streets and gaze at spectacular buildings – not to mention taking the waters at Vic.
Kids will be kept entertained at Renacland waterpark, ASV’OLT Base Canoe or the animal park at La Vallée des Daims, all within 40 minutes of Moulin de Chaules.
Be sure to spend at least part of your stay tucking in to some of the local delicacies, like the Cantal cheese or some Fougasse, a brioche flavoured with brandy or orange flower water, and filled with crystallised fruit... Are you drooling yet?
- Does Moulin de Chaules have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Moulin de Chaules dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Moulin de Chaules? The area around Moulin de Chaules is well worth exploring: the landscape of the Cantal highlands merges into sweeping glacier valleys, lakes and waterfalls, and is inhabited by deer, goats, rock thrushes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Moulin de Chaules?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.