This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glamping site on a vineyard five kilometres from Bergerac
- Sample organic wines on site; many other vineyards to visit nearby
- Homemade meals and picnic baskets available to order
Tamana Tuquet is a safari tent site in the grounds of a 30-hectare estate five kilometres north of Bergerac in the Périgord region, with this part of the woodland and meadow estate given over to vineyards. The grapes are grown according to organic principles, and include Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec and Cabernet franc to produce red wines; Muscadelle, Sémillon and Sauvignon for white wines: do be sure to sample the lot.
Guests can join a half-day tour of the vineyard to find out all about the production process and try some of the wines along with accompanying nibbles. More? Loads more wineries are in the surrounding area as well if you'd like to do an in-depth Dordogne vineyard tour.
The spacious Saharan tents are set on wooden decks close to the vines and woods, and are furnished with both indoor and outdoor furniture. A separate unit contains the bathroom, which has a toilet and shower and is accessible for less mobile guests.
Your lush foodie options on site include ordering a takeaway basket to have in or outside your safari tent, or joining other guests and the hospitable owners at the communal table for homemade snacks, meals or drinks. For eating out and picking up picnic foods, Bergerac is just under 10 minutes' drive away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Arrange a horse riding tour from Gueyte Equestrian Farm a kilometre and a half from the site if you're keen to get out and about into the countryside, or set off by foot or bike to see as many local vineyards as you can manage.
Or just head straight into Bergerac: the splendid town on the Dordogne river rightly famed for its wine and tobacco. Start off in the Houses of Wine to find out about – and taste – all 13 of the Bergerac region's AOC wines, then trot along to the tobacco museum and its tale of 3,000 years' worth of smoky culture. After that, take a guided tour around the buildings of the Old Town and finish up in the city museum or with a gentle hike or horse ride in Bergerac's surrounding woods.
Also in the region, zip along for treetop adventures at AccroZarbres adventure park 10 minutes' drive away; gawp at Château de Monbazillac and Château de Montréal (20 and 25 minutes), or set off canoeing along the Dordogne river from Sainte-Foy-la-Grande, half an hour away.
- Does Tamana Tuquet have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Tamana Tuquet dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Tamana Tuquet? Arrange a horse riding tour from Gueyte Equestrian Farm a kilometre and a half from the site if you're keen to get out and about into the countryside, or set off by … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Tamana Tuquet?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 2 p.m.