This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site with heated pool and bike hire in the Lanmary forest
- Within half an hour of Périgueux and the cave paintings of Villars
- Bar-restaurant, fresh bread; summer kids' club and entertainments
After a spot of target practice? Pack your quiver full of arrows and proceed to Camping Lanmary in the Dordogne, where archery is among the many fab and foresty activities you can have a shot at.
Although this site is right in the middle of France's Lanmary forest, and active stuff like tree climbing, den building and foraging feature on the agenda, you needn’t spend every waking hour in the woods. For starters, there’s a heated swimming pool for splashes, laps and general floating and basking, and those in search of pure solitude can slip off quietly for a hot tub and a sauna at the spa.
Activities for smaller and larger folk are laid on in the summer months, and alongside woodland antics they include murder mystery events and magic shows, circus skills workshops, yoga and pottery. Mountain bikes are available to hire for exploration of the many forest paths, so prepare to return post-holidays as a juggling contortionist conjuring ceramicist cycling sleuth… or just smiling contentedly and smugly after a splendid hol.
For the practicalities, fresh bread deliveries and groceries take the slog out of self-catering, and if you prefer, the bar-restaurant dishes up family-friendly fuel all day.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Nearby farmers' market
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Horse riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Gas cylinders available
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Jumbo tent pitches
Large (51-200 pitches)
Truffle fans needn’t stray far for a taste: the village of Sorges, 10 minutes’ drive away, has what must be the world’s only museum devoted to the pungent fungi, and 20 minutes away the Maison du Foie Gras in Thiviers is a magnet for pilgrims of pâté. A similar distance, operating between 6am and lunchtime, the daily food markets in Périgueux are a must for all foodies and gastronomes.
Périgueux has more than provisions to pull you in though: potter round the Périgord Museum of Art and Archaeology and the Vesunna Gallo-Roman site, play spot the difference at Saint-Front Cathedral (modelled on a certain St Mark’s Basilica of Venice), or canoe your way right through the city and beyond on the Isle river.
If you’re up for more historical wanderings, head to Villars (half an hour), whose ruined medieval abbey contrasts starkly with the Château de Puyguilhem, a building so well restored you’d think the Renaissance was yesterday...
A little way outside town, the Grottes de Villars present a stalactite-filled network of caves, heavily decorated by their prehistoric former residents; for diehard Palaeolithic art addicts, the better-known sites of Font-de-Gaume and Lascaux are 40 and 50 minutes away.
- Does Camping Lanmary have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Lanmary dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Lanmary? Truffle fans needn’t stray far for a taste: the village of Sorges, 10 minutes’ drive away, has what must be the world’s only museum devoted to the pungent fungi, and 20 minutes ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Lanmary?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.