This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Waterside site in a forest near the town of Burnhaupt-le-Haut
- Well set for visiting Mulhouse and the Vosges mountains
- Restaurant, playground, fishing pond and swimming lake with waterslide
A waterside setting, quiet time and friendly service characterise this pleasantly peaceful place near the Alsace border with Germany and Switzerland.
And aside from all that? Camping Les Castors is also within easy reach of the Alsace wine trail and outdoorsy pursuits in Ballons des Vosges Regional Natural Park... and its calm countryside setting two kilometres from the centre of Burnhaupt-le-Haut means anglers can cast off in peace at the site's well-stocked fishing pond.
The site has a mammoth inflatable waterslide, which will make kids very merry indeed as they slide from up high safely into the freshwater lake below. On land, there's a playground and plenty of space for running around, or you could also try a genteel game of pétanque or challenge your fellow guests to games of volleyball and ping pong.
For something mildly more taxing, hire a bike from the team to pedal around the property and the countryside that surrounds; if you're not quite sure which direction to head in, the friendly Les Castors staff can let you in on how to reach the trails that crisscross the area.
Foodwise, essentials for your sunset barbecues can be sourced at the on-site mini market, or you can pick up local treats at the park's snack bar (open during July and August). For something more substantial, sample tasty Alsatian cuisine at the on-site restaurant, which hosts regular themed dinner soirees during high season.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Les Castors is in a splendid spot for exploring the attractions of the Alsace region, with Mulhouse Zoo and the canals and historic haunts of Colmar both within around half an hour's drive away.
Hire a car or – if you're a more seasoned cyclist – hire a bike on site and get on the Route des Crêtes, a smashingly scenic 89-kilometre road in the Vosges mountains that runs through part of the Ballons des Vosges Regional Natural Park, or visit the vineyards of the 170-kilometre Alsace wine route for wobbly wine tasting day trips away. Hiking, horse riding, mountain biking, climbing and fishing are all available around the lands of the national park too.
If history's your thing, the area is home to several visitor attractions such as the railway, electricity, automobile and modern art museums in Mulhouse, while the handsome villages of Ungersheim and Eguisheim are a short drive away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Les Castors have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Castors dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Castors? Les Castors is in a splendid spot for exploring the attractions of the Alsace region, with Mulhouse Zoo and the canals and historic haunts of Colmar both within around half an hour's … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Castors?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.