This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In spectacular Alsace surroundings between the Vosges and the Rhine
- Day trips to Strasbourg, Colmar and Europapark Rust in Germany
- Surrounded by nature: relax by the lake or go horse riding
You'll be in green and lush surrounds at Camp Au Clair Ruisseau in the Bas-Rhin department – its handsome grounds are in Alsace's Grand Ried area, the famed and spectacularly scenic region between the Zorn and Bruche valleys made up of fields and rivers, forests and plains.
It's mighty pretty on site too: you'll be settling down on a five-hectare lakeside park, with fishing and water views both at your disposal, and with peaceful green areas galore for kicking back under the Alsace sun. Local village Gerstheim is about 20 minutes' stroll away for shops and supplies, so swing by to pick up what you need for a leisurely barbecue on your roomy spot back at base. (The playground and pétanque area will entertain the kids while you do the dinner necessaries.)
Whether it's city sightseeing or country strolling, you're splendidly set from here for exploring too, as Au Clair Ruisseau is between the Black Forest and the Vosges for lengthy days in the outdoors, and near the Rhin river for more of the same. It's within easy driving distance of Germany, Strasbourg and Colmar for town and city days; for an amusing time, Germany's biggest theme park Europa-Park is under half an hour away – and by boat.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
A circular hike of about an hour and three quarters is available from Gerstheim, around the Erstein Polder on the site of an ancient forest. Horse riding, golf and mountain biking are popular nearby too; for watersports, drive 25 minutes or so for wakeboarding at Koba Wakepark.
Stacks of day trip options are around here, such as pottering around the vineyards at the foot of the Vosges and the castles in the valleys, ambling higher up through the streets and markets of the local Alsatian villages with their half-timbered houses, and nipping over the border for hiking days in Germany's spectacular Black Forest. To get to huge Europa-Park, hail the ferry from Rhinau-Kappel, 10 minutes' drive away.
Strasbourg is an easy half an hour's drive from here, via the D1083. Among its many sights (hire a city bike for best results) are the old area of Petite France, the Palais Rohan and the Notre-Dame Cathedral: climb up to the top for splendid city views. Guided tours are available too of the Council of Europe seat, the Palace of Europe.
- Does Camp Au Clair Ruisseau have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camp Au Clair Ruisseau dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camp Au Clair Ruisseau? A circular hike of about an hour and three quarters is available from Gerstheim, around the Erstein Polder on the site of an ancient forest. Horse riding, golf and mountain biking are … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camp Au Clair Ruisseau?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.