This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly glampsite in scenic Lapland
- Watch the Northern Lights from the comfort of a cosy pod
- Reindeer experiences, dog sledding and snowmobiling within 10 minutes
Always wanted to hear the whisper of the Northern Lights, and see them wink into existence across a clear night sky? Make tracks for Torassieppi Jerisjärvi, a family-friendly glampsite just over 10 minutes’ drive from the town and ski resort of Saariselkä in the Savukoski region of Lapland – you’ll never see the aurora borealis like this again.
You’d be forgiven for never wanting to leave the site, as having spectacular views of the stunning Northern Lights stretching from east to west across the sky from your own dome is a pretty good reason to stay put (and on the nights when the lights aren’t coming out to play, you’ve still got a decent view of a star-filled sky).
This is a top spot for anyone who lives for strapping on skis and hurtling through snow, so you’re well placed when you do decide to venture out. There’s a shuttle to bring you straight from the site to the slopes of Saariselkä, the northernmost ski resort in Europe, where you can speed down 15 slopes or take to WinterPark for toboganning, iceskating and snow tubing.
Create your own après-ski vibe back on site, cuddling up next to your woodburning stove with a hot drink until you get the feeling back in your toes, then wander into town for a bite to eat in one of the restaurants. Inclined to crave a midnight snack? Pick up supplies from Saariselkä’s shop while you’re there.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Lake and/or mountain
You don’t have to go far from base to get a full snowbound Lapland experience: head into Saariselkä for dog sledding and sleigh rides, snowmobiling, ice fishing and plenty of reindeer to spot, or, if you’re shying from the cliché (but fab) trips, plan an excursion instead into Urho Kekkonen National Park, about 25 minutes’ drive from the site, for more skiing, aurora and outdoor adventures. This is gold mining country too, so rush over to Tankavaara for safaris, trails and the gold museum.
Speaking of gold, Hammastunturi Wilderness Area is about an hour and a half away, and is a hugely important area in the history of the Lapland gold rush (not to mention absolutely stunning).
Of course, one of the major draws of this part of Finland is the big guy in the red suit. Kids (and adults with a bit of magic left in them) should jingle all the way to Pyhä-Luosto National Park, where the village of Pyha is full of Christmas wonderment, or ho-ho-home in on the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi: both are a bit of a trek (two to three hours’ drive), but worth it for all the happy smiling faces. (And the kids should like it too.)
- Does Torassieppi Jerisjärvi have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Torassieppi Jerisjärvi dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Torassieppi Jerisjärvi? You don’t have to go far from base to get a full snowbound Lapland experience: head into Saariselkä for dog sledding and sleigh rides, snowmobiling, ice fishing and plenty of reindeer to … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Torassieppi Jerisjärvi?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 3 p.m.