This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful park a few metres from a sandy beach
- Slipway and boat/kayak hire
- Three play areas, communal barbecues and grocery shop
This Stouby site should tick quite a few holiday boxes: Rosenvold Strand Camping in the Region of Southern Denmark is a mere few metres from a sandy beach on the north side of the Vejle Fjord, in a land to suit beach buffs, water frolickers, wildlife watchers, cycling zealots and sorts who like to sink down into a sauna or a thermal bath within a short drive.
Set far from busy roads with a harbour on one side and a small river on the other, Rosenvold is a place to bring your boat, kayak or bike to, as it's in a tiptop area for outdoor activities and has its own slipway by the harbour for you to launch your own craft.
The wind here makes kitesurfing and windsurfing a breeze if you want to get out over the water; to get out on it, small boats can be hired if you don't have your own.
The site has two big service buildings with showers and toilets including disabled facilities. Kitchen areas and communal barbecues available (to prep beach picnics?) and supplies can be sorted at the grocery shop which also bakes bread to order every day.
The kids likely won't be bored with a setting right on the beach, but if you do need to occupy them for a few more hours, three play areas are around to keep them busy. Dogs are most welcome too on site and have their own dedicated exercise area.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Public transport nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Cycle hire nearby
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Gently steaming, you say? Rosenvold Strand Camping is a short seven-kilometre drive from thermal baths and a sauna, with more – and a wellness centre for all ages – at the Lalandia waterpark with waterslides and wave pool.
Build the kids' excitement levels to stratospheric heights by blocking out some time for Legoland Billund Resort, a few kilometres from Lalandia and about 50 from the site: next door to the Legoland factory, this was the first ever Legoland site and is the most visited attraction in Denmark after Copenhagen. Another good family option is Givskud Zoo and its 700 or so animals representing over 70 species including lions, gorillas, white rhinos and elephants.
Bike rides are best at Juelsminde or on a pedal through handsome Jutland scenery on the 62km run from Nørre Snede to Bækkel; if you need yet more room to pedal, build the route up by taking the regional cycling paths Bindeballestien and Engelsholmruten, and visiting the town of Vejle.
- Does Rosenvold Strand Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rosenvold Strand Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Rosenvold Strand Camping? Gently steaming, you say? Rosenvold Strand Camping is a short seven-kilometre drive from thermal baths and a sauna, with more – and a wellness centre for all ages – at the Lalandia ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Rosenvold Strand Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.