This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site on the island of Læsø, a five-minute drive from the sea
- Two kilometres from Vesterøor and six kilometres from Byrum
- Bike hire, TV room, play area, launderette and food shop on site
Step aboard the ferry at Frederikshavn and in 90 minutes you'll land on Læsø, a gem of an isle that's home to only 2000 people. This peaceful part of Jutland is a small-scale kind of place, so if it's nightlife and big city bustle you seek, it's fair to say you might not want to weigh anchor here. Those looking for a gentle landscape of unspoilt beaches, gorgeous heaths and splendid sand dunes, however, should make tracks for Læsø Camping, two kilometres from the north coast town of Vesterø.
Set in super green surrounds, the site has plenty of room to spread out your kit and spend time in the open air. The facilities here are top quality but low-key and unobtrusive, allowing guests to soak up the sounds and smells of nature all around them. Younger kids are sorted with the on-site play area and bouncy zone, while teens might want to hire a bike at reception and explore the surrounding country lanes. Although you're welcome to bring your car to Læsø, pretty much everywhere on the island can be reached by bike.
In terms of practicalities, the launderette, wifi, TV room and food shop may well come in handy. Dogs are welcome here, as are barbecues. If you need to stock up at a supermarket, head to Vesterø (five minutes' drive).
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Vesterø (five minutes' drive) is a scenic port town with pleasure craft, quiet beaches and a handful of excellent eateries. The water here is pretty shallow, so it's splendid for paddles (but expect to have to wade a fair way out if you want to be fully submerged). If you fancy a proper pamper, the town is also home to a spa located in a converted church.
For seaside jaunts, head to Horneks Odde (20 minutes) for traditional lobster fisheries and seal-watching opportunities. More of the outdoorsy stuff? Canter, gallop or trot through the countryside: nearby horse riding opportunities come highly recommended (10 minutes).
Byrum, the largest settlement on the island, is home to a viewing tower and intriguing history museum, as well as gift shops and a picture-worthy church (10 minutes), and it's also the site of the local salt museum where you can learn about the gourmet kitchen sea salt produced on the island to this day. Other local traditions can be explored at Hedvigs Hus, an outdoor museum (20 minutes).
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||1 p.m.|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Læsø Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkAmerican Express
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Læsø Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Læsø Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Læsø Camping? Vesterø (five minutes' drive) is a scenic port town with pleasure craft, quiet beaches and a handful of excellent eateries. The water here is pretty shallow, so it's splendid for paddles (but … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Læsø Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.