This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious family-friendly site just outside the seaside town of Løkken
- 10 minutes' walk from several kilometres of sandy beach
- On-site café serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and a kids' menu
Seeking sand dunes, sea air, saltwater splashing and stunning sunsets? Then set a course for spacious and family-friendly Vestkystcamping, just outside the little town of Løkken and 10 minutes’ amble from its lengthy stretch of soft sandy beach.
This is prime territory for a seaside break – as well as classic sea paddling, kite flying and dune roaming days, you can also learn to surf, fling yourself into the air on a paraglider or canter through the waves on horseback. Several kilometres of coastal path await for those eyeing up a day of walking or cycling, with loads to look out for as you go including hundreds of beach huts, a cluster of World War II bunkers and the historic Rubjerg Knude lighthouse. It's also a pretty fab spot for gorgeous sunsets when the weather's right.
With all this going on in the vicinity you'll likely be out and about a fair amount, but should you choose to lurk around on site there’s plenty to keep you active should you wish: a heated pool, table tennis and basketball kit, a fitness area for the grownups, and two great little playgrounds for the nippers (one with a trampoline for the particularly bouncy ones).
To sort hunger pangs, the on-site café serves up breakfast, lunch and dinners, with a dedicated kids’ menu of smaller offerings for smaller folks. Call in for a leisurely coffee and bun session during the day and keep your eyes peeled for details of special barbecue and campfire evenings held throughout the season.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
What a gorgeous stretch of coastline this is – a huge stretch of soft white sand, flanked by dunes and long lengths of coastal path for walking or cycling (if you’ve not brought your bikes, hire them on site).
Other active pursuits in Løkken include a surf school, a golf course and a horse riding centre specialising in beach rides. The restored wooden pier is a good spot for fishing (mackerel, flounder, plaice and cod are there for the taking), or you could try your luck at the fishing lake while your young folk learn the basics at the kids’ pond or have a game of football-golf.
For family-friendly days out, head to the Actionhus in Løkken for bowling, laser games and an enormous go-kart track, or take the five-minute drive to the Family Farm fun park for pony rides, a petting zoo, bouncy castle and pedal cars. A 20-minute drive away is Fårup Sommerland, a fab amusement park with attractions including a waterpark and rollercoasters.
- Does Vestkystcamping have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Vestkystcamping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Vestkystcamping? What a gorgeous stretch of coastline this is – a huge stretch of soft white sand, flanked by dunes and long lengths of coastal path for walking or cycling (if you’ve not … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vestkystcamping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime