This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Freindly family-run site with a small lake
- A kilometre from the beach and harbour
- Pool, kids' pool, petting zoo, trampoline and playground
How do water bikes sound for a Denmark outdoor day? And a petting zoo, and duck feeding, and pitches by a lovely little lake? The friendly family team at Asaa Camping on the northern Jutland peninsula have set their site up for tiptop family times, in an excellent area for more of the same: a kilometre from the nearest beach and harbour and within easy day trip distance of two amusement parks.
The lake at Asaa is the site's own, so no need to share space with hordes of holidaymakers even in high season. There are water bikes to hire, ducks to feed and bats to spot around the lake, alongside the site leisure facilities of a petting zoo with friendly farm animals, a big trampoline, a playground, a multisports pitch and a roomy pool and kids' pool.
Activities are arranged in summer for kids and for families, including evenings spent cooking bread or pancakes on the communal campfires. There are also communal barbecues, and a kitchen with ovens, stoves and washing-up area.
The wide sandy beach of Asaa a kilometre away is safe and family-friendly with watersports activities, and the adjacent harbour is a good place for fishing or crabbing.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
After days at the site beach and swimming, fishing and watersports at Asaa beach and harbour, more family antics can be sorted around the Jutland peninsula, its castles and amusement parks.
The nearby town of Dronninglund, home of Dronninglund Castle seven kilometres away, also has the Try Museum and the Dorf Møllegård museum, part of the three museums of the Brønderslev Municipality. The other is the Vildmose Museum in Brønderslev, covering the history of Store Vildmose and its surroundings.
The moated Renaissance house of Voergaard Castle 10 kilometres is a popular pull in the region, with its beaut gardens, scenic setting and art by Goya and Rubens. If the kids aren't interested in all that, regale them with some of the spooky tales of the castle and its tiny dungeon, as well as its famed ghost Ingeborg Skeel, said to haunt the grounds since she (allegedly) murdered the castle's master builder in the late 15th century.
Architecture fans should see the Utzon Center at Aalborg (30 kilometres), as it was designed by Jørn Utzon, the dude behind the Sydney Opera House. If again the kids aren't up for any of that, three top family attractions are within day trip distance of Asaa: Aalborg Zoo (35 kilometres), Fårup Sommerland amusement park (50 kilometres) and Farm Fun amusement park (55 kilometres).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Asaa Camping have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Asaa Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Asaa Camping? After days at the site beach and swimming, fishing and watersports at Asaa beach and harbour, more family antics can be sorted around the Jutland peninsula, its castles and amusement parks. The … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Asaa Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.