This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Direct access to a sandy beach, exclusive to the site
- Several playgrounds, trampolines, miniature golf, and animals to meet
- Large fishing lake and summer waterpark with three pools
Direct access to a family-friendly and sandy beach is the holiday box you'll probably tick first at Hals Strand Camping, in a natural setting in Denmark's North Jutland between the villages of Hals and Hou.
The beach is exclusive to the site and has warm waters for days of dips off its white sands, while more warm waters and family-friendly vibes are all along this high-temperature part of Danish coast. This is the Limfjord area too, the land of the longest fjords in Denmark, and a top spot for watersports like windsurfing and yachting.
And your next holiday box tick? Look for the big waterpark, added to the site in 2018 and open in the warm weather: there are three pools here, as well as a kids' area, a sun terrace and a big watersports slope. Access to the waterpark is free for guests.
Also on site are several playgrounds, trampolines, miniature golf, a large fishing lake (catch and release only, please) and goats for the kids to meet. Wifi is available too.
Hals Strand Camping organises plenty of activities including entertainment and shows at its on-site open-air stage, and a popular Saturday market in high season.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
As stated, if your holiday boxes include beaches and getting into the water, you're sorted in the area around Hals Strand Camping: several beaches lie between Hals and Hou an easily accessible drive from the site, or you could take to the fjords for a spot of watersports.
The nearest urban area is harbour town Hals about eight kilometres away, a lively place with several restaurants and bars at which to while the night away. Or take a trip to Aalborg, the third most populous city in Denmark and a place known for its culture, theatres, museums and opera company; make sure to make it to the Aalborg Carnival if you're around at the end of May.
An equestrian centre is a short drive from the site.
- Does Hals Strand Camping have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Hals Strand Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hals Strand Camping? As stated, if your holiday boxes include beaches and getting into the water, you're sorted in the area around Hals Strand Camping: several beaches lie between Hals and Hou an easily accessible … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hals Strand Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.