This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Jungle stays on the banks of the Sarapiquí river
- Within five minutes of rainforest tours and biological reserves
- Restaurant, rafting, kayaking, zip lining, rappelling on site
Is a watery getaway top of your list as a holiday destination? Paddle along to Costa Rica Camping Lodge at the Sarapiquí Outdoor Centre, less than five minutes’ drive from the Heredian village of La Virgen.
Fans of getting out on the water will be well served here – the site is on the grounds of a watersports centre where whitewater rafting, canyoning and kayaking are on the menu, guests can rent boats (the site’s on the banks of the Sarapiquí river) for solo explores, and rappelling, horse riding and ziplining tours (plus loads more) are all arranged by the team.
It’s peaceful here, so expect to wake up every day to nothing but the sound of bird calls and to fall asleep under a blanket of stars. In between the two, there’s a restaurant to keep everyone well fed, plenty of trails to follow around the site and a TV room for evening entertainment.
Cabin fever setting in? There are nature reserves and rainforest centres to explore just down the road, there’s an off-road race track five minutes from base where Motocross fans can get their engines running, and wannabe chocolatiers can have their fill with tours and tastings 15 minutes away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Outdoor pool nearby
If Costa Rican jungle cravings are yet to be satisfied, there’s plenty more hereabouts that should go some way towards doing the job.
The Bijagual Ecological Reserve half an hour’s drive away is a rainforest conservation site that's a top spot to visit for hikes and a chance to spot geckos, iguanas, boas, armadillos, sloths, monkeys, jaguars and pumas in the wild. Frogs Heaven, a habitat restoration project aiming to reintroduce frogs, birds and sloths to the area, is explorable 35 minutes from base.
Still not enough? Pierella Ecological Garden nature refuge (with its butterfly garden, frog ponds and botanical garden) and the wildlife rescue centre Zoo la Marina are both within 40 minutes, and the sprawling Braulio Carrillo National Park is 45 minutes away.
Stay out in the great wide covered-by-trees open with a hike – which starts 40 minutes from the site – to the prettily stunning La Paz waterfall or head along to Cinco Ceibas Rainforest Reserve and Adventure Park (45 minutes away) where there’s horse trekking, ox-cart tours, kayaking, yoga and, crossing the forest floor, the longest boardwalk in central America.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Costa Rica Camping Lodge cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Costa Rica Camping Lodge on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Costa Rica Camping Lodge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Costa Rica Camping Lodge dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Costa Rica Camping Lodge? If Costa Rican jungle cravings are yet to be satisfied, there’s plenty more hereabouts that should go some way towards doing the job. The Bijagual Ecological Reserve half an hour’s drive away … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Costa Rica Camping Lodge?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.