This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly glamping in the Costa Rican forests
- A 20-minute walk from Barco Quebrado beach
- Haven for watersports and wildlife watching
Central American jungles, sandy beaches and the Pacific Ocean… dream holiday or what? Have the whole heap at Bar’coquebrado, less than 10 kilometres from Sámara in the Guanacaste province of Costa Rica.
Bar’coquebrado is in a prime spot for jungles, beaches and the ocean – on the Nicoya peninsula coastline, it’s a 20-minute walk from Barco Quebrado beach and just a little further from the surfers’ paradise at Barrigona. On the days when you can pry yourself away from splashing in the waves or lazing on the sand, take the site’s horseback tour of the jungles and beaches.
If you’d prefer to explore under your own steam, you can rent bikes on site and head off through the towns and villages that dot the Costa Rican coast, making sure to sample some of the great restaurants along the way.
If, somehow, none of these restaurants struck your fancy, you’re well catered for back on site: take a seat at the bar-restaurant for some fresh fish, pizza straight from the woodfired oven. If you’d prefer to do the cooking, fire up the barbecue and pile it high with supplies from Sámara. Wash it all down with some fresh fruit cocktails from the bar while sitting serenely among the trees…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Surf school nearby
Take the path leading to Barco Quebrado beach, the site is 300 metres to the east of Black Marlin bar.
Bar’coquebrado's so close to the sea that you shouldn't be a whit surprised that the site's a haven for watersports sorts. Take to the beaches along the coast for windsurfing, kitesurfing, kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding and oodles more – or if you'd prefer your time on the water to be less active, take a boat tour in Sámara for a trip out to Isla Chora, keeping an eye out for dolphins and sea turtles on the way.
Want to get even closer to nature? Have a guided tour of the Werner Sauter Biological Reserve, a two and a half hour hike through farms and mango plantations and into the tropical forest, or head to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve to explore 13 kilometres of trails and to see if you can spot jaguars, pumas or the resplendent quetzal.
After all that time under the hot Central American sun, cool off with a trip to Belen waterfall, a scenic cascade and swimming hole about 20 minutes’ drive outside Sámara, or slow things down with a kayak tour of the Sámara mangroves.
If you’re beginning to feel like you’re on cloud nine, why not make it official: treat yourself to a bird’s eye view of the Nicoya peninsula from the air with a tour leaving from Sámara.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Bar'coquebrado Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bar'coquebrado Camping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Bar'coquebrado Camping? Bar’coquebrado's so close to the sea that you shouldn't be a whit surprised that the site's a haven for watersports sorts. Take to the beaches along the coast for windsurfing, kitesurfing, kayaking, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bar'coquebrado Camping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.