This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Wooded site among the hot springs of the Miravalles Protected Zone
- Four kilometres from La Fortuna
- Hot spring pool, bar and café
You'll never have far to go in Costa Rica to hit some spectacular scenery or a lush wildlife haven. But the setting of Ailanto Campground in the Alajuela province is really rather spesh: a tropical forest site bordering the Miravalles Protected Zone in the foothills of the Miravalles Volcano, part of the Arenal Tilaran Conservation Area.
The site is surrounded by hot springs, wellness spas and the Thermomania thermal waterpark, and is around four fortuitous kilometres from the village of La Fortuna, close to the crashing cascades of La Fortuna Waterfall and La Catarata de la Fortuna.
Spas, wild swimming, horse riding, ziplining, bungee jumping and watersports including kayaking and whitewater rafting are all popular pursuits in the area. Beaches are about an hour and a half's drive away.
Among the options at this lushly set site are hot spring pools with gardens alongside, an outdoor pool and spa centre, spots galore for hammock hanging, a bar, and a café serving local specialities. Plenty of hiking trails begin at the site: take a trip on foot to the nearby geysers to pick up some mud for your own natural mud mask.
The site's amenities include washrooms with toilets and hot showers, as well as a launderette and a washing-up area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Local town La Fortuna is a well-known tourist destination in the region, popular for its hot springs and day spas, proximity to waterfalls and the Arenal Volcano, and options galore for outdoor days bungee jumping, ziplining, hiking, kayaking, rafting and heaps more.
Submerging sojourns can be had within three kilometres at the thermal pools of El Guayacán and at Thermomania, a thermal waterpark with tours, hot springs, a zipline, a bar and a restaurant. There's also Yoko Termales, another thermal spa with bar and restaurant, within four kilometres in the foothills of Miravalles Volcano.
The nearby Arenal Volcano is in the centre of Arenal Volcano National Park, most directly accessed from La Fortuna. This, and Palo Verde National Park 48 kilometres from Ailanto Campground, is a birdwatching haven, with representatives from most of Costa Rica's 850 species found among its landscapes.
To hit the beach, Panamá, Hermosa and Del Coco are all within 85 kilometres.
- Does Ailanto Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Ailanto Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ailanto Campground? Local town La Fortuna is a well-known tourist destination in the region, popular for its hot springs and day spas, proximity to waterfalls and the Arenal Volcano, and options galore for outdoor … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Ailanto Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime
Just call using the contact details on the booking confirmation so the owners can open the gates.Read more