This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On the banks of the Sheep River in Okotoks, 50 kilometres from Calgary
- Swimming, fishing, birdwatching and nature trails on site
- Playgrounds, miniature golf and boats and pedaloes for hire
Riverbend Campground is on the banks of the Sheep River two kilometres from the centre of Okotoks, a small town in Alberta's ranchland area, 50 kilometres from the centre of Calgary. The site has views of the Rocky Mountains and is around an hour and a half's drive from the Banff National Park. Within the grounds, there's a nature trail through parkland, marshland and along the river, where it's possible to view a variety of birds and animals such as deer, beavers and muskrats. The river next to the site is suitable for swimming and fishing, and guests can also rent small boats and pedaloes.
Facilities at Riverbend Campground include playgrounds, miniature golf, firepits, and a large gazebo with kitchen that can be hired for gatherings and events such as weddings. Clean, modern washrooms have toilets and hot showers (small extra charge), and there's also a launderette
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Gas cylinders available
Lake and/or mountain
Nearby farmers' market
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Fully serviced pitches
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 pitches)
Enter Coordinates in your GPS
50° 42′ 49.40″ N – 113° 55′ 48.27″ W
South on QE2 Hwy from Calgary cross the Bow River and continue 11 kms past the Hwy #2A overpass (exit 222).
Watch for the sign, then turn right (west) 2.9 kms on paved road (370 Ave.)
The entrance is just past the ball diamonds on the left (south) side of the road.
As you proceed you will pass a private home on the right, we are down the hill.
Nearby attractions include:
– Birdwatching around the Sheep River (next to the site) and at Frank Lake (30 kilometres)
– Shops, restaurants, sports facilities, walking trails and museums in Okotoks (two kilometres)
– Golf courses (three courses within 10 kilometres)
– Kayben Farms Sunshine Park (seven kilometres)
– The Big Rock glacial boulder (12 kilometres)
– Fishing in the Bow River (15 kilometres) and Chain Lakes Reservoir (50 kilometres)
– Rafting and horse riding (50 kilometres)
– Zoo, Olympic Park, museums and Calgary Tower in Calgary (50 kilometres).
- Does Riverbend Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Riverbend Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Riverbend Campground? Nearby attractions include: – Birdwatching around the Sheep River (next to the site) and at Frank Lake (30 kilometres) – Shops, restaurants, sports facilities, walking trails and museums in Okotoks (two kilometres) ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Riverbend Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.