This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Surrounded by a lush green landscape with a private waterfall
- Just over a 10-minute drive from São Thomé das Letras town
- Climbing, trekking, mountain biking and rappelling in local area
If a hol chasing waterfalls sounds like a winner, head to Camping Toca Raul – the folk at this Minas Gerais site reckon there are around 30 sets of falls to visit in the local area (including the private one in the site’s back garden).
And what a back garden it is… this park’s surrounded by intensely green mountains at around 1,445 metres above sea level. Southern Minas Gerais is home to a clutch of caves as well as reams of rock formations so outdoor adventures are, unsurprisingly, rife around here – climbing, trekking, mountain biking, motocross and rappelling trips are all available.
While the immediate area’s relatively rural, the park’s just over a 10-minute drive from the sizeable town of São Thomé das Letras. Try out the local grub in restaurants in the centre, which is also known for shops selling spiritual goods like incense, or pick up all the bits you’ll need to create your own meals. Cooking for yourself’s a cinch on site – Camping Toca Raul has a communal kitchen with stoves, refrigerators and utensils on hand, and barbecues are permitted too.
That’s not all that’s provided for guests here, either – the park’s also been kitted out with wifi, bathrooms with hot water, and lighting in strategic places to keep everyone safe at night. Well-behaved dogs are welcome to join you on site as well.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
So, those waterfalls… you’ll need to pick the brains of the folk on site for details of the whole list, but for a taste of what the area’s got to offer, stroll down to Euboise waterfall (20 minutes’ walk) and Flavio waterfall (half an hour) before driving over to Vale das Borboletas (20 minutes) for a dip in the cool waters beneath the falls.
In among all the cascades are some other pretty natural attractions as well: just around São Thomé das Letras (10 minutes) are several spots worth seeking out, including Gruta de São Thomé cave, the Stone Witch rock and the naturally pointy Pirâmide São Tomé das Letras. Walks through the town’s Antonio Rosa Park are particularly fine at sunset, and a good overview of the area can be had at Portal dos Ventos viewpoint.
Footie types will likely want to pay tribute to one of the world’s greatest players with a trip to Três Corações (an hour) to see the house where Pelé grew up, and check out the statue set up in his honour.
- Does Camping Toca Raul have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Toca Raul dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Toca Raul? So, those waterfalls… you’ll need to pick the brains of the folk on site for details of the whole list, but for a taste of what the area’s got to offer, stroll … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Toca Raul?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime