This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful Amazonian setting on the edge of Alter do Chão
- A short walk from from Jacundá Beach and Jacundá Lake
- Eco-friendly lodging with great wildlife-spotting on site
Up for a true Amazonian experience? The chance to hang out with monkeys, iguanas and toucans? Of course you are – and EccoMuna Hostel Ecológico, in Alter do Chão and close to the mighty river itself, will make a fine base for such adventures. Located in the northern Brazilian state of Pará, home to the Amazonia National Park, you can expect to spot all manner of wild animals during your stay.
Various shades of greens and blues will surround you here – EccoMuna is in an area of vast vegetation and water, with Jacundá Lake and Tapajós River beach close by for freshwater swims after your wildlife walks. Naturally, the team here want to do their best to preserve the local ecosystem, so they've put a lot of effort into sustainable lodging that's designed to have a low environmental impact. As such, facilities are kept to a minimum, stretching simply to toilets, showers and a communal kitchen with dining tables to serve your meals up on (foodie supplies are about three kilometres away, as are restaurants for those that fancy a break from cooking).
No wifi (gasp)? No problem – it's highly recommended that guests embrace their offline status and swap tablet-tapping for stretching out in a hammock and keeping eyes peeled for passing native beasts. The team are also keen on the concept of community-based tourism, and can help sort boat tours, walks and other outings to give you a bit of insight into local life.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Public transport to and from Alter do Chão is available from the Sairé Square bus stop.
EccoMuna is well located for hikes through the forest and, being just a few metres from Jacundá Beach and Jacundá Lake, it’s also a fine spot if you fancy a swim or a bit of canoeing.
The city of Santarém (45 minutes' drive away) is a popular tourist destination, with a lively collection of restaurants and shops, as well as plenty of sights and landmarks. For some retail therapy head to the shopping centre, or do the cultural bit by paying a visit to Catedral Nossa Senhora Da Conceicao (in a fetching shade of bright blue). If you've not had your fill of nature yet, organise a tour into the Floresta Nacional dos Tapajós, or guarantee animal sightings at the zoo.
Don’t leave Santarém without taking in the Meeting of the Waters, the point where the Amazon meets the Tapajós River – look out for the distinctive emerald green of Tapajós merging with the muddy brown of the Amazon for a truly amazing sight.
- Does EccoMuna Hostel Ecológico have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is EccoMuna Hostel Ecológico dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near EccoMuna Hostel Ecológico? EccoMuna is well located for hikes through the forest and, being just a few metres from Jacundá Beach and Jacundá Lake, it’s also a fine spot if you fancy a swim or … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of EccoMuna Hostel Ecológico?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.