Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Scenic 700-acre property just off the Great Northern Highway
- A 50-minute drive from Perth; close to hiking trails and wineries
- Wild camping with all-weather access and great views
Now here’s a handy spot to settle in if you’re zooming down the Great Northern Highway through Western Australia, or fancy a quick rural escape from Perth (50 minutes’ drive away). Chittering Acres is a scenic property spread over a huge 700 acres, high in the Darling Ranges and with fantastic views all around.
The soils of the surrounding area, known as the Wheatbelt, are famously fertile – and that means not only gorgeous rural views at every turn but also lots of local food and drink to try out. Follow the Chittering Farm Flavour Trail to sample all sorts of local produce (honey, cheese, veg and the like) or focus your attention on the drinking side of things and take a tour of some of the area’s many wineries.
Working up an appetite for all that food and drink is pretty easy: there are heaps of hiking trails in the area, or you may like to take in a bit of the area’s heritage with a wander around New Norcia (40 minutes away by car).
This is a place that’s all about wild camping – sites are set up in the natural bush, with no toilets, showers or other facilities (but what it lacks in amenities it more than makes up for in animals – you’re likely to spot native wildlife and farm animals while staying here). There’s all-weather access to the park and its sites, so there’s no need for a four wheel drive.
This site has no on-site toilet and shower facilities.
No fires are allowed between 01 October and 31 May.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass and gravel pitch
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 pitches)
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Bindoon & District Museum: five minutes’ drive
- Chittering Lakes Nature Reserve: five minutes
- Blackboy Ridge lookout: five minutes
- Briery Estate Wines: 10 minutes
- Stringybark Cottage Winery: 20 minutes
- Swan Valley Cuddly Animal Farm: half an hour
- New Norcia (monastery, museum and art gallery): 40 minutes
- GDC Observatory: 45 minutes
- Perth: 50 minutes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Chittering Acres cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Chittering Acres have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Chittering Acres dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chittering Acres? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Bindoon & District Museum: five minutes’ drive - Chittering Lakes Nature Reserve: five minutes - Blackboy Ridge lookout: five minutes - Briery Estate Wines: 10 minutes … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Chittering Acres?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Chittering Acres? From £16.34 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability